Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-Z170X-GAMING G1 does not boot with XMP

Default GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 does not boot with XMP

Hello,
    I am trying to get working XMP with my Kingston Savage DDR4-3000 Memory Kit, but it does not seem to works on my GA-Z170X-Gaming G1.
    When I do enable XMP1 (2666MHz) or XMP2 (3000MHz), the system tries to boot multiple times and reports, that booting failed.

When I disable XMP, everything works fine. When I set manually the memory frequency to 3000 MHz without enabling XMP, I can also boot fine without any problems.
    Does anybody has some ideas, what could be wrong?

I've also updated to the latest F5i-BIOS, which did not help.

Thanks!

Specs:
    Intel Core i7-6700K
    Noctua NH-D15S + 2x NF-A15 PWM FAN
    GA-Z170X-Gaming G1
    Crucial MX200 500GB, M.2
    Crucial MX200 1TB, S-ATA
    Kingston HyperX Savage DIMM Kit 32GB (HX430C15SBK4/32)
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming G1
    Enermax Digifanless 550W
    Lian Li PC-A75WX
    Last edited by ConiKost; 10-27-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Default Re: GA-Z170X-GAMING G1 does not boot with XMP

Having a quick look at gigabyte website your memory isn't listed in the "supported memory list" just yet for your motherboard, so probably best to run in manual setting if you know your memory timings and wait for the next bios update.

Peter

Choose profile 2 and up your VCCIO voltage to 1.250 and your System Agent voltage to 1.300 and let me know if that fixed it. If it worked then back down on your voltage until it doesn't boot anymore and then go up one notch.

Sorry for the delay!

Quote Originally Posted by PRound View Post
    Having a quick look at gigabyte website your memory isn't listed in the "supported memory list" just yet for your motherboard, so probably best to run in manual setting if you know your memory timings and wait for the next bios update.
    Yep. I am aware, that it's currently not listed. But Kingston itself lists them as compatible and certified: HyperX Memory Certifications | Kingston

I've also now tried beta Bios F6a, which didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by tt0ne View Post
    Choose profile 2 and up your VCCIO voltage to 1.250 and your System Agent voltage to 1.300 and let me know if that fixed it. If it worked then back down on your voltage until it doesn't boot anymore and then go up one notch.
    I've tried that now. It didn't worked. The Board still reports after that, the the Boot failed and fallbacks to bios.

The actual F6i beta BIOS seems to help and provice better memory compatibility.
    At least, I am able to boot with XMP @ 2666MHz without increasing VCCIO and SA. That works fine and is Prime95 stable.
    XMP @ 3000 MHz still does not work, even with maxed VCCIO/SA..
    Last edited by ConiKost; 11-24-2015 at 05:39 AM.

brouhahaha is offline Junior Member

Same Gigabyte board and Corsair 3200 mhz memory. The GA-Z170X g1 mobo, i7 6700K CPU and memory in the 3000-3200mhz seems to be a fairly common issue on this site. Tried Bios updates to no avail, only the relax OC setting works, but that is a workaround and not a fix.

refosk is offline Junior Member

I had the same problem with XMP, I solve this by uninstalling app center and all the applications, set XMP to profile 1 and now pc boots every time.

brouhahaha is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by refosk View Post
    I had the same problem with XMP, I solve this by uninstalling app center and all the applications, set XMP to profile 1 and now pc boots every time.
    I don't have that installed. All the apps are crap and can cause crashes.

Chike is offline Senior Member

The highest speed 32 GB memory compatible with this motherboard is HX426C15FBK4/32 according to Kingston.
    Try profile 2 and set main timings to 15-17-17-35/36, for DDR-3000 try 17-19-19-39/40.
    Not the best timings but better than default for DDR-2133

Comet 67P ( Exploring with Philae - Rosetta Lander)

Sent a request to Gigabyte support concerning these issues and the manual solutions, they said they are aware of problems with some high mhz memory sticks. Fingers crossed someone will double up on testing and implement solutions on next bios releases. I don't like how finicky these new bio(es) seem to respond to memory overclocks in general. The Asus boards I've tested have been smoother.
    i5 4670k - z87x-ud4h (soho)
    16gb RipJaws
    Corsair PSU, 7870 HD OC 2GB
    Samsung SSD , 3 WD Black Storage.
    Builds - Z97x-Gaming 7(media center) z97x- Soc(test bench@4790k, 32gb gskill)
    z97x-Ud5h(workstation)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information