Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What on earth is Q flash

pleasehelpsoafraid is offline Junior Member

Default What on earth is Q flash

I have had issues with this computer from the start including usb ports not working, computer shutting down randomly, behaving as though the down key is constantly being pressed, and now every time the computer starts up I get the following message:

GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS

Q-flash utility v 1.05
    model name F2A88XM-DSH
    BIOS VERSION: F1
    BIOS DATE 8/22/2013
    FLASH TYPE/SIZE: WINBOND 25X/Q SERIES 8MB

OPTIONS:
    UPDATE BIOS FROM DRIVE
    SAVE BIOS TO DRIE
    EXIT Q FLASH

I exit Q Flash everytime and computer runs normally, though it has been randomly shutting down fairly often recently. What is it, why is it happening, how do I stop it. Please help

Default Re: What on earth is Q flash

Since you said that sometimes it behaves as if key is being pressed, perhaps that is why during POST, it brings up Q Flash.

Either your board is dying or has some moisture problem. I see this problem pretty often during monsoon season. If you are comfortable with disassembly and assembly of PC, then remove all the components of your PC, use a hair dryer and select hot option on your dryer and blow hot air on your MoBo and RAM sticks and all the cable connectors. Use a pencil eraser and clean the RAM pins using it. Assemble again.

If that doesn't help, then perhaps its time to change MoBo.

Thread Information