Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte DualBios not entering auto recovery mode.

wsanders is offline Junior Member

Question Gigabyte DualBios not entering auto recovery mode.

Don't really know exactly what I did, but I was messing around with trying to get my Windows install back to AHCI mode and at some point the Main Bios would no longer boot at all. It shows no menu or logo.

After about 10 minutes I remembered that the board has DualBios and decided to try to switch to #2. This was successful for some reason, but it means I no longer have a backup BIOS, how do I go about getting the F7 BIOS back on BIOS #1 (Main) if the automatic recovery thing that was supposed to activate doesn't activate?

Shishani is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte DualBios not entering auto recovery mode.

on the main bios on start up dosnt show post/logo, but after that dose it boot into windows?

No, it loops loops series of led debug codes ending with 36, 32, blank,
    Then repeating again. It goes too fast for me to see the ones at the beginning of the loop.

Shishani is offline Junior Member

okay debug code 36,32 is CPU PEI initialization

here are solution worked for other might work for you

-did you try clear COMS with button or battery?
    -try different VGA connection HDMI,DP and DVI
    -if didn't work remove everything on mobo leave only one ram stick mouse keyboard, move the the ram between slots

if still not working you can try a hard reset for the bios

question did you switch to AHCI mode after windows was installed or before?

good luck...

I did clear the CMOS at one point. It cleared out the original BIOS settings in BIOS 2 and asked if I wanted to load optimized defaults. It didn't prompt or anything for BIOS 1 though. It just goes in a loop between 5-7 LED codes with a blank code at the end while it restarts. When I was reading up on the DualBios technology it seems that it should automatically repair whatever is wrong with BIOS 1.

Honestly they should make an option that appears in BIOS 2 under Q-Flash that says Flash BIOS 2 to BIOS 1 or something for manually repairing it.

Guess I'll do a bit more research and come back if I find anything.

Let me know if you figure it out because I have a working bios 2 but my bios 1 is hosed and to get the machine to post I have to change two switches on my GA-Z170X-Gaming G1:

a) turn of dual bios

and

b) force bios 2

if I turn on dual bios it won't use bios 1 or bios 2 and will only boot if I manually switch it to bios 2. Our motherboards have Q-Flash Plus which is supposed to allow us to stick a USB jumpdrive (formatted with FAT32) into the white USB port on the back of our computers that has a firmware that has been named "GIGABYTE.rom" (can't remember off hand - but it's something like that) and Q-Flash Plus will do some magic and restore both BIOSes in the event that both bioses refuse to boot. Unfortunately, mine doesn't do that and instead of just bounces between trying bios 1 and bios 2.

I guess I'm lucky to have one good bios.

Thread Information