Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z710X-Gaming G1 motherboard and Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD - doesn't fit?!?!

Default Z710X-Gaming G1 motherboard and Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD - doesn't fit?!?!

I'm building a new rig, for which I purchased a Gigabyte Z710X-Gaming G1 motherboard and a Samsung EVO 850 SSD with an M.2 interface.

My problem is that when I go to install it in my motherboard, it's too long by a millimeter or two - it blocks off about half of the hole for the retaining screw, so I can't secure it in place.

Z710X-Gaming G1 motherboard and Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD - doesn't fit?!?!-img_0093-1-jpg

Has anyone seen this, or been able to get this SSD to fit into this motherboard, or even have any ideas for rigging up something to secure this drive in place?

TIA!

Default Re: Z710X-Gaming G1 motherboard and Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD - doesn't fit?!?!

I have the Z170X SOC Force board and it has the same M.2 slots, which accept upto an 80mm length M.2 card same as your board. From looking at your photo and after installing my M.2 drive, it simply looks like you just haven't inserted the M.2 card into the slot fully and it is sticking out a bit. When I installed mine, it goes in at angle, and then you have to firmly push it into the M.2 slot, there is a slight resistance but it then slides into the slot completely and then you push it down and it lines up with the screw hole. I would remove it and try reseating it again and give it a firm but gentle push and you will see it will fit all the way. I have had the 850 SSD M.2 drive and I can assure it fits into the 80mm screw hole perfectly.

Default Re: Z710X-Gaming G1 motherboard and Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD - doesn't fit?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fact11 View Post
    From looking at your photo and after installing my M.2 drive, it simply looks like you just haven't inserted the M.2 card into the slot fully and it is sticking out a bit. When I installed mine, it goes in at angle, and then you have to firmly push it into the M.2 slot, there is a slight resistance but it then slides into the slot completely and then you push it down and it lines up with the screw hole.
    That was it, exactly. Had to push it in a little bit while I had it at an angle, before laying it down flat. Thanks!!!

Thread Information