Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue




  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Quote Originally Posted by elc00l View Post
    I also cleared CMOS and it didn't help.
    therobot how did you check this? :

    1. Check to see if my motherboard has the firmware already updated with the BOM being I/C/F7A177 00540

    The BOM there should be an sticker around the PCIe slot area. It was really hard to see but its there.

  2. #32
    elc00l is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Quote Originally Posted by therobot View Post
    The BOM there should be an sticker around the PCIe slot area. It was really hard to see but its there.
    I've got there: 1/E/F7A287 01148

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Quote Originally Posted by elc00l View Post
    I've got there: 1/E/F7A287 01148
    Heres mine, 1/E/F7A287 01212. The newer models that have the BOM as I/C/F7A177 00540 should already be upgraded.

  4. #34
    elc00l is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Tried today to do the update on Windows 7 Pro. The same issue...

    Isn't it possible that somebody from Gigabyte support look at this issue, please? Can we at least have a feeling that somebody cares?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Quote Originally Posted by elc00l View Post
    Tried today to do the update on Windows 7 Pro. The same issue...

    Isn't it possible that somebody from Gigabyte support look at this issue, please? Can we at least have a feeling that somebody cares?
    I have this same problem, BTW, with the ASROCK Z710 ITX board. I cannot for the life of me get this silly firmware update to run. I do not have anything in the system other than the onboard graphics for video out and I get the same error as you guys.

    Also YES this board does have the extra chipset to support 4k 60hz as your board does. In fact on the ASROCK website it says that this update is required yet it will not install. So frustrating!

  6. #36
    elc00l is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    You won't believe but I managed to do this update yesterday, finally!
    I told myself that I'll try one more time with monitor connected to onboard HDMI port (using DVI/HDMI adapter) and it did it. No more 'System connecting ... failed!' message when something is connected to HDMI!
    I tried also earlier with DVI/HDMI adapter but I think it was when I had some leftovers in the system after AMD graphics which I inserted for a short time and in log file I got: 'Graphics adapter initialization - AMD: done!'.
    This time when according to logs only 'Intel (LS-PCON)' had initialized plus display was connected to HDMI port it was successful.

    Give it a try also and let here know if it's working.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Quote Originally Posted by elc00l View Post
    You won't believe but I managed to do this update yesterday, finally!
    I told myself that I'll try one more time with monitor connected to onboard HDMI port (using DVI/HDMI adapter) and it did it. No more 'System connecting ... failed!' message when something is connected to HDMI!
    I tried also earlier with DVI/HDMI adapter but I think it was when I had some leftovers in the system after AMD graphics which I inserted for a short time and in log file I got: 'Graphics adapter initialization - AMD: done!'.
    This time when according to logs only 'Intel (LS-PCON)' had initialized plus display was connected to HDMI port it was successful.

    Give it a try also and let here know if it's working.
    My TV is already connected to the onboard HDMI port. I even just wiped the computer to try that again, no dice. :/

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    I finally figured out my issue. I had to be sure that I had ZERO other display adapters installed on the computer. In my case I was using onboard video, but I had a TightVNC driver installed (similar to LogMeIn's or TeamViewer's) and that caused the problem. I uninstalled that, rebooted and then I was able to update. I was unfortunately not able to display 4K @ 60hz but at least that part is past.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Finally got it to work, thank you elc00l. I had to uninstall all my amd drivers, remove my graphics card, reset the motherboard then reset windows 10. Had my hdmi cable connected to my monitor only and installed megachips. Resetting windows 10 seems to remove all associated files with amd that conflicted with megachips. Resetting also helped get my thunderbolt get up to date. I also noticed when i go security and maintenance under view reliability history. A process called creative high definition service, a service called CtHdaSvc.exe keeps crashing. Wondering if you guys have this problem also? I just went to command prompt and deleted the service. Havent had any problems since then.

  10. #40
    elc00l is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7-EU - HDMI firmware update issue

    Great to hear you are also successful with this :)
    I forgot to mention that maybe using Display Driver Uninstaller which removes AMD/Nvidia drivers leftovers in the system would be enough for you to use and resetting windows 10 wouldn't be necessary.
    I don't have problems with CtHdaSvc.exe but for a change reliability history shows OcButtonService.exe (Gigabyte EasyTune?) stopped working, however I haven't noticed any bad symptoms because of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •