Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 build posts twice from cold boot - 1 short beep, several seconds if silence, 1 short beep then boots in to windows

TongaKid is offline Junior Member

Default New Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 build posts twice from cold boot - 1 short beep, several seconds if silence, 1 short beep then boots in to windows

I built a new Z170X Gaming 7 based system last week - everything seems to be working fine, I've had no crashes, everything seems stable, but the system has taken much longer to boot than I feel like it should and the boot splash screen for the MB flashes once during booting.
    So, today I put an old motherboard speaker in to the system and when I powered it on I got the everything-is-good 1 short beep, a few seconds of silence and the motherboard splash screen disappeared, then reappeared, then a heard 1 short beep again - then the system booted in to windows correctly. The error codes on the MB's LED flash so fast I have no idea if any are actually issues, and when the system is booted in to windows it shows "bF" or "6F", I can't tell which, but both aren't listed as an error code in the manual.

This doesn't happen on a restart. Only booting from the system being turned off.

I really have no idea how to proceed with this, so any help would be hugely appreciated.

Build:
    Z170X Gaming 7 bios version F5
    i7 6700K
    16GB DDR4 Corsair
    Samsung 950 Pro M2 512
    2 GTX 980ti's in SLI
    Corsair HXi1000i PSU
    Corsair H80i Cooler
    Last edited by TongaKid; 12-22-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Default Re: New Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 build posts twice from cold boot - 1 short beep, several seconds if silence, 1 short beep then boots in to windows

Update Bios to F6f

F5 was no good for cold start for me either i had a thread on this ages ago i thought it was my Intel 750 pcie HDD but its all to do with bios -

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1151 - GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (rev. 1.0)

Also the latest windows 10 update has fixed the fast boot issues - i was never able to fast boot or ultra fast boot now i can

My system is identical to yours without the HDD and gtx980 SLI config just running one and you wont be disappointed

Thread Information