Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V

Default Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V

Hello all,

I did a search and have been looking around the net but can't seem to find anything that helps me.

I recently purchased a used computer for my brother. It has the GA-H55M-S2V MOBO rev 1.3 with a intel i3 540 chip. it has 2 x 2GB ram sticks that work. I don't even recall the brands but they are a mix.

I at first purchased a Patriot PSD38G16002. It's a single 8GB memory stick. I was planning on just using it by itself. I didn't do any checking on compatibility beforehand because the couple times in the past I have add memory I didn't have any issues. I tried it by itself in both slots and also with one of the sticks of memory that was already in there and no configuration seems to work. So I returned it.

I then purchased a two pack set Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9. Which does say it's compatible on the Corsair website I also called Corsair and they said it should work. Suffice to say it won't get past the loading windows screen. I also tried these together, by themselves and in configurations with the memory that works. I have played around with the BIOs a bit but its all pretty new to me. I have loaded optimal settings and fail safe settings and played around with the settings regarding RAM in the BIOS.

Im just wondering if I can maybe get some guidance on what to do next? Or maybe it's just not going to work?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
    I thought the REV 1.3 was the BIOS version however I just noticed that it's the board version. I guess tonight when I have access to the computer again I will check and see what BIOS it has. Of course I will make sure it has the latest BIOS but in the meantime any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V-img_1827-jpg 

Default Re: Trouble with upgrading RAM GA-H55M-S2V

Tried another paired set out of my other PC and it didn't work. Pretty finicky if you ask me. I know there is a QVL but was I was hoping to pick something up locally. It's mostly just for WoW for my brother. I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be upgrading. I'll just tell him to not to have much opened when playing the game

Oh the bios is the most up to date.

Thread Information