Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Aorus z270x Gaming K7 motherboard problems

Larkina is offline Junior Member

Default Aorus z270x Gaming K7 motherboard problems

I'm kinda baffled as to what to do with my new Z270x K7 Gaming motherboard. I can't get into the bios by tapping the delete key as usual and I'm getting some extreme spikes in my temps or at least hitting the 85c mark. Does anyone understand what is going on here? These are new boards and they appear to be great boards with a few problems.

Default Re: Aorus z270x Gaming K7 motherboard problems

Quote Originally Posted by Larkina View Post
    I'm kinda baffled as to what to do with my new Z270x K7 Gaming motherboard. I can't get into the bios by tapping the delete key as usual and I'm getting some extreme spikes in my temps or at least hitting the 85c mark. Does anyone understand what is going on here? These are new boards and they appear to be great boards with a few problems.
    Since you've made no mention..

- have you read the actual manual? I'm sure it mentions what triggers the BIOS menu.
    - did you try F12?
    - are you overclocking?
    - are you pasively or actively cooling your mobo?
    - is your case airflow sufficient for your hardware and are you capable of making this judgement?
    - is there anything blocking or obscuring the mobo's mosfets' area?
    - most importantly, how did you measure the temp and if with software, under which category was it listed?

All these aside, i hope you get sorted soon :)
    Last edited by Aenra; 02-07-2017 at 07:19 PM.
    Pride, honour and purity.

GeoDragon is offline Junior Member

Had an issue similar to this with my son's PC. Couldn't get into the bios at all and he had heating problems. He had accidentally messed with the north bridge heat-sink. After applying some fresh thermal paste to it and reseating it, it worked fine and he could get into the bios. This was on an ASUS MB.

I finally was able to get into the bios by touching the bios reset pins on the motherboard. In order to get my temps down I had to manually set the vcore below what it was. It was set at 1.3v After hitting F7 to install to reset the board to default settings. I set the Dram voltage at 1.35v for my ram, enables XMP and then lower the vcore to about 1.255v and everything seem stable at the moment and temps are idling at 36-38c. When gaming max temps are at 70c. Should i keep backing down from the 1.255v vcore to see how low the voltage will go? I'm using the Intel i7 7700K. Sorry I'm not that great at overclocking. I understand some area but not entirely. Thank you'll for the replies they were most appreciated.
    Last edited by Larkina; 02-08-2017 at 01:32 AM. Reason: mispelled word

Thank you'll for the replies they were most appreciated
    You're welcome; am not an expert, in fact compared to people here i'm clueless, but unless you have some serious airflow/actual technical issues, those motherboard temps are way off the charts, even for 1.3x vcore voltages.
    The questions i asked above were not for me to 'conclude', they were for you to get a right line of thinking and for (hopefully) some other, more knowledgeable person to be able to deduce the cause.

What you describe doesn't sound right.. example, i'm running a vcore of 1.355, an input voltage nearing 2.000 (double the default, which is a LOT) and a cache voltage of 1.250 among other, again higher, voltages. Know what the highest temp is on my mobo? 47 Celsius and that's during stress tests, all 8 cores at 100% load. Idle, my mobo barely gets to 23 Celsius.

Just to give you an example. Yes, we are on different platforms (x99 here), but you get the idea.

edit: so while lowering voltage may be your temporary band-aid, it won't be the solution. You have a problem somewhere.
    Last edited by Aenra; 02-08-2017 at 02:44 AM.

I finally was able to get into the bios by touching the bios reset pins on the motherboard. In order to get my temps down I had to manually set the vcore below what it was. It was set at 1.3v After hitting F7 to install to reset the board to default settings. I set the Dram voltage at 1.35v for my ram, enables XMP and then lower the vcore to about 1.255v and everything seem stable at the moment and temps are idling at 36-38c. When gaming max temps are at 70c. Should i keep backing down from the 1.255v vcore to see how low the voltage will go? I'm using the Intel i7 7700K. Sorry I'm not that great at overclocking. I understand some area but not entirely. Thank you'll for the replies they were most appreciated.
    install beta bios which lowers the vcore automatically.
    im running. my stock 7700k at 1.15Vcore (-.0100v offset),beta bios stock vcore was 1.25v
    and also changed "PPL Overvoltage (+mv)" from auto to 15mv to avoid any unnecessary voltage spikes.
    Do not mess with ram voltage leave it at at stock
    Last edited by haxzion; 02-14-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Thank you Haxzion for that valuable info. But running in beta is kinda risky isn't it. Is the bios update pretty stable? I'll try it again thank you and thank you all the other members that responded.

Thank you Haxzion for that valuable info. But running in beta is kinda risky isn't it. Is the bios update pretty stable? I'll try it again thank you and thank you all the other members that responded.

Don't worry about the beta tittle it just means they haven't tested it much but i've been running it without any problems..
    CPU idles at 22-25 C and gaming Battlefield 1 at 55C i also transcoded with VidCoder at 65 C with "be quiet dark rock advanced"
    I refuse to run a stock cpu at 1.3V it's insane...

0.1 volts of difference cannot be responsible for 77 degrees for crying out loud.. common sense guys.
    More to the point, we're not even sure -where- said 77 degrees are being measured, let alone what with..

Anyway, since this is your thread and since it is your decision not to be any more specific on pretty much anything, best of luck to you either way :)

Quote Originally Posted by haxzion View Post
    Don't worry about the beta tittle it just means they haven't tested it much but i've been running it without any problems..
    CPU idles at 22-25 C and gaming Battlefield 1 at 55C i also transcoded with VidCoder at 65 C with "be quiet dark rock advanced"
    I refuse to run a stock cpu at 1.3V it's insane...
    I agree with you 100%. Okay I updated the BIOS to F4d but it didn't drop the stock vcore to 1.1v, but my temps at idle is in the 30-36c range and full load overclocked at 4.6 is about 71c max.

Thread Information