Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Laptop - P15F-R5 - Screen Stopped Working

Exclamation Laptop - P15F-R5 - Screen Stopped Working

I recently purchased (3/5/2017) a Gigabyte P15F-R5 laptop. Specifically this one: GIGABYTE 15.6" FHD P15FR5-NE2 Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 16 GB Memory 128 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop - "ONLY @ NEWEGG"-Newegg.com

While I was doing work on the laptop this morning (on battery aprox: 60% charge left) the screen suddenly stopped working, and I waited several minutes for it to come back on. Then I attached a monitor to the HDMI port and shut down the system.

Waited 10 minutes (plugged in power supply) and attempted to turn the system on again. The initial Gigabyte logo(I assume the bio's post) appeared then the screen promptly cut off.

I then again attached a monitor via HDMI. The system works as intended via the external monitor. In display settings the built-in monitor does not appear (also pressed the "detect" button).

The built-in monitor also did not appear in the Device Manager. (Also pressed "Scan for hardware changes".)

UPDATE: Attempted to plugin external monitor while on the phone with newegg and the external display was not usable due to screen tearing.

Random Information:

• I only use this laptop 5 - 10 hours each week. Aprox: 50-70 total hours of use.
    • Typical work load for this laptop is Microsoft Office along with web browsing.
    • The only time it has been under heavy load is when I played GTA V for less than an hour when I first bought the laptop.
    • It has remained completely stationary on a level desk while powered on.
    • I put the laptop into "Hibernation" last night for 2-3 hours. (first time using that feature)

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I will be contacting customer support via phone soon, and will update this thread.

Update: Called Newegg - great support - No resolution to the problem. Calling Gigabyte when they open.

(Still drinking my coffee. I'll update this thread with better information soon.)
    Last edited by Vahkesh; 04-13-2017 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Called Newegg

Thread Information