Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What to Do with Front Panel Power Switch (-) Lead to GA-H110M-A Front Panel Header?

MushroomHunter is offline Junior Member

Default [Post Retracted] What to Do with Front Panel Power Switch (-) Lead to GA-H110M-A Front Panel Header?

Hi folks,

I'm hooking up the cables to the front panel header on the motherboard, and it looks like the header does not have a pin for the negative lead of the front panel power switch. Where I would expect the lead to go, the header lacks a pin.
    What to Do with Front Panel Power Switch (-) Lead to GA-H110M-A Front Panel Header?-header-jpg

Is this by design? Is the negative pin unnecessary, possibly because the switch is grounded to the case? It looks as if that might be the situation, from the pin diagram printed under the header: next to "+PWR_LED-" there is an empty box. On the other hand, the motherboard manual depicts two header pins for the LED and two for the panel power switch.
    Can I leave the negative lead for the front panel power switch disconnected?
    Last edited by MushroomHunter; 04-17-2017 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Realized I Was Mistaken

MushroomHunter is offline Junior Member

Default Re: What to Do with Front Panel Power Switch (-) Lead to GA-H110M-A Front Panel Header?

Sorry, I guess I needed more coffee when I wrote the above post. I was confusing the Power Switch pins with the Power LED pins on the header. My bad.

Thread Information