Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BIOS issues after update / Gigabyte Z97-D3H / fpt Z97 Tool to downgrade

Pacid is offline Junior Member

Default BIOS issues after update / Gigabyte Z97-D3H / fpt Z97 Tool to downgrade

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fpt.exe to downgrade my Bios Version from F9 on my Gigabyte Z97-D3H. The only one I found for my Board, was a fpt.exe I have to start in Windows, and since the current Bios update I did (F4 to F9), my Computer crashes every time in the loading screen of Win. And unfortunately I updated it with @BIOS in Windows, so I cant recover the older and running DualBios Version.

I found a lot of threads about this but I just can't find a proper Version for a bootable usb stick with dos.

Thanks for now and cheers! :)

Default Re: BIOS issues after update / Gigabyte Z97-D3H / fpt Z97 Tool to downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Pacid View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fpt.exe to downgrade my Bios Version from F9 on my Gigabyte Z97-D3H. The only one I found for my Board, was a fpt.exe I have to start in Windows, and since the current Bios update I did (F4 to F9), my Computer crashes every time in the loading screen of Win. And unfortunately I updated it with @BIOS in Windows, so I cant recover the older and running DualBios Version.

I found a lot of threads about this but I just can't find a proper Version for a bootable usb stick with dos.

Thanks for now and cheers! :)
    Hi Pacid,

I know your pain, found this elsewhere on TT which got me most of the way there: fpt_z87_dos

Only trouble with that was it was for z87 chipset, not z97.

So I replaced the fpt.exe and fparts files with the DOS ones from here: Intel ME Tools v9.1 r1
    (check in the Flash Programming Tool/DOS folder)

This worked for me on my z97p-d3 so I suspect it should work for you on your z97 board too.

Hope that helps

Thread Information