Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BIOS issues after update / Gigabyte Z97-D3H / fpt Z97 Tool to downgrade

Pacid is offline Junior Member

Default BIOS issues after update / Gigabyte Z97-D3H / fpt Z97 Tool to downgrade

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fpt.exe to downgrade my Bios Version from F9 on my Gigabyte Z97-D3H. The only one I found for my Board, was a fpt.exe I have to start in Windows, and since the current Bios update I did (F4 to F9), my Computer crashes every time in the loading screen of Win. And unfortunately I updated it with @BIOS in Windows, so I cant recover the older and running DualBios Version.

I found a lot of threads about this but I just can't find a proper Version for a bootable usb stick with dos.

Thanks for now and cheers! :)

Default Re: BIOS issues after update / Gigabyte Z97-D3H / fpt Z97 Tool to downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Pacid View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a fpt.exe to downgrade my Bios Version from F9 on my Gigabyte Z97-D3H. The only one I found for my Board, was a fpt.exe I have to start in Windows, and since the current Bios update I did (F4 to F9), my Computer crashes every time in the loading screen of Win. And unfortunately I updated it with @BIOS in Windows, so I cant recover the older and running DualBios Version.

I found a lot of threads about this but I just can't find a proper Version for a bootable usb stick with dos.

Thanks for now and cheers! :)
    Hi Pacid,

I know your pain, found this elsewhere on TT which got me most of the way there: fpt_z87_dos

Only trouble with that was it was for z87 chipset, not z97.

So I replaced the fpt.exe and fparts files with the DOS ones from here: Intel ME Tools v9.1 r1
    (check in the Flash Programming Tool/DOS folder)

This worked for me on my z97p-d3 so I suspect it should work for you on your z97 board too.

Hope that helps

digitally is offline Junior Member

Default Re: BIOS issues after update / Gigabyte Z97-D3H / fpt Z97 Tool to downgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Yella View Post
    Hi Pacid,

I know your pain, found this elsewhere on TT which got me most of the way there: fpt_z87_dos

Only trouble with that was it was for z87 chipset, not z97.

So I replaced the fpt.exe and fparts files with the DOS ones from here: Intel ME Tools v9.1 r1
    (check in the Flash Programming Tool/DOS folder)

This worked for me on my z97p-d3 so I suspect it should work for you on your z97 board too.

Hope that helps
    Yella! You saved my hours! Thank you. I have a z97X-Gaming 5 motherboard. I replaced the fpt.exe, and flashed old F3 version!

Itay Dorfman is offline Junior Member

Hello i cant download the fpt i have Z97x gaming 5 and i wanna give a shot to fpt can you reupload the file please
    Thanks

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Itay Dorfman View Post
    Hello i cant download the fpt i have Z97x gaming 5 and i wanna give a shot to fpt can you reupload the file please
    Thanks
    Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools

Look for FPT-Win32/64- Z97.....in windows

btw,
    better try first BIOS F8a.....
    GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz