Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force no POST after update to latest BIOS (code 55)

cycobee is offline Junior Member

Angry Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force no POST after update to latest BIOS (code 55)

Absoultly gutted, about updating BIOS to latest version F22 for my Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force.

No POST after update to latest BIOS, before then board was running fine for the last 2 years, with only one BIOS update (which appears to have been removed F22h) since new.

Nothing has changed about the system, same RAM and everything. Wish I never updated it now. Only did this to get the new UEFI setup, the old one is slow and clunky.

Tried everything. Changing memory slots. Backup BIOS. CMOS reset. PSU switch trick. USB restore. Nothing works, damm thing is stuck on POST code 55, the board is like a brick.

I can see the when starting the code is 55, this does not change. The main BIOS is light is on, the computer shuts down, and changes to the backup BIOS with code 55 also, and just its there.

I read code 55 is a memory problem. Did Gigabyte code out my memory type? I tried generic stick from another computer, it did nothing to help.

Not like this is a new build. Has this stupid BIOS update killed my high-end board that is perfectly ok otherwise? How do I get it to start?

Famine_UK is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force no POST after update to latest BIOS (code 55)

Hi Cycobee,

Have you managed to solve your issue with your motherboard? I have just experienced the same issue and would like to know if you have managed to un-brick your board??

Looking forwarding to hopefully hearing something positive.

Best wishes

Famine

Quote Originally Posted by cycobee View Post
    Absoultly gutted, about updating BIOS to latest version F22 for my Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force.

No POST after update to latest BIOS, before then board was running fine for the last 2 years, with only one BIOS update (which appears to have been removed F22h) since new.

Nothing has changed about the system, same RAM and everything. Wish I never updated it now. Only did this to get the new UEFI setup, the old one is slow and clunky.

Tried everything. Changing memory slots. Backup BIOS. CMOS reset. PSU switch trick. USB restore. Nothing works, damm thing is stuck on POST code 55, the board is like a brick.

I can see the when starting the code is 55, this does not change. The main BIOS is light is on, the computer shuts down, and changes to the backup BIOS with code 55 also, and just its there.

I read code 55 is a memory problem. Did Gigabyte code out my memory type? I tried generic stick from another computer, it did nothing to help.

Not like this is a new build. Has this stupid BIOS update killed my high-end board that is perfectly ok otherwise? How do I get it to start?

LeCobain is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-X99-SOC Force no POST after update to latest BIOS (code 55)

Hi,

The same thing happened to me so now my MB doesn't work.

Did you fix this problem guys? I can't believe that i lost my MB :/

Thanks.

Thread Information