Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD

Default Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD

Hi,

i'm using a Gigabyte Z97X-SLI with a Xeon 1230v3 which doesn't recognize my M2-SSD. I bought a Toshiba THN5NS1T0 for a good price but i can't see the drive in Windows 10 either, nor is it possible to install windows on it. I have the newest BIOS F10b on my board and I've also tried different BIOS settings.

Is there any chance to get the SSD running?

Default Re: Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD

Hi,

I have the same motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI) and was also wondering if it supports NVMe M.2 SSD storage. I couldn't find a clear answer online so I just ordered it: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E500BW). I'll try it out and let you know how it goes. As a side note and you may already be aware of it but you can't use SATA Express and the M.2 connector at the same time on this motherboard. So if you're using SATA Express you'd need to disconnect that to have any chance of getting your M.2 SSD to work.

Hi,

I've tried another M2 NVMe which was working (Samsung 970). I sold the Toshiba, but the Samsung is working well.

Yeah I got mine working too. One thing I did though was update the BIOS before installing it because this page (GA-Z97X-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.) said that NVMe support was added in a newer version than what I had. I updated from version 'F4' to 'F9'.

edit: typo

Quote Originally Posted by br777 View Post
    Yeah I got mine working too. One thing I did though was update the BIOS before installing it because this page (GA-Z97X-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.) said that NVMe support was added in a newer version than what I had. I updated from version 'F4' to 'F9'.

Hello. I have the same mobo with a Samsung 256GB NvMe M.2 SSD, but can only get speeds around 850mb/s. Are you getting full NvMe speeds? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by br777 View Post

Hello. I have the same mobo and a Samsung 256GB NvME M.2 SSD, but I am not getting NvME speeds. About 860mb/s max. Are you getting full NvME speeds with yours? Thanks!

Thread Information