Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard

Default RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard

So I'm looking for any advice before I give up and get a new motherboard, any experience in RAID on a Gigabyte AM3 series chipset, specifically - 890GPA-UD3H - is appreciated. Here's what I sent Gigabyte support (and don't expect a reply anytime soon:
    Hello, I have two SSD drives (model: MZ-7PA1280/0L1) that I would like to put into a RAID 0 array. I've never attempted RAID on this PC/motherboard before, and seem to have a hard time detecting the array in my Windows installation. I have:
    -Downloaded both the Windows 7 and 8 (64-bit) drivers from GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 2.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global and attempted installing either OS - loading the driver does not show the array
    -Configured the BIOS > Integrated Peripherals settings to Raid and set up the array by pressing CTRL + G - works fine and this is the only place I see the array
    -I have attempted creating the array on an Optiplex 9020 and it detects, formats and works perfectly.

What am I missing here? Any help would be appreciated; I have pictures to confirm the above.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard-photo_20180812_192649-jpg 

Default Re: RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard

Once you create the RAID array in the setup, you have to load the "F6" drivers when installing the OS for it to see the RAID array....

Thread Information