Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AORUS z390 Master taking a looooong time to boot

browner87 is offline Junior Member

Default [Resolved] AORUS z390 Master taking a looooong time to boot

New PC build, specs on my profile or here:

- Gigabyte z390 AORUS Master
    - Core i7-9700k
    - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ (F4-3000C16D-32GTZR)
    - 500 GB WD Black NVME
    - EVGA G3 850W

Most UEFI settings are factory, notable changes are FastBoot enabled and SecureBoot enabled.

POST appears to be fast, the usual white on black text flashes by for a second or two, then the screen goes purple (maybe GRUB? but I don't see any text) for about 10-15 seconds, then the screen goes black for 15-20 seconds. The the Ubuntu loading screen flashes by for 1-2 seconds then I'm at the login screen.

I really want to figure out the purple and black pauses and find out how to skip/speed them up. Any suggestions of keys I can press or things I can do to try and identify them?
    Last edited by browner87; 5 Days Ago at 03:43 AM. Reason: Resolved

browner87 is offline Junior Member

Default Re: AORUS z390 Master taking a looooong time to boot

As I was typing this the Grub thing occurred to me, so I resolved that by updating the grub config for only 1 second timeout.

It turns out the 30 seconds of black screen is a product of Ubuntu 18.04 trying to locate your swap partition but never finding one because 18.04+ uses swap files now instead... So a "noresume" in grub fixed that too.

From power button to desktop is now ~10 seconds + time to type login password. Loving this motherboard over my old ASUS that took 20+ seconds just to finish POSTing!

Thread Information