Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with AORUS RGB AIC NVMe SSD 512GB and GPU

wmarples is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Problem with AORUS RGB AIC NVMe SSD 512GB and GPU

Yeah, I should have specified that it's working within Windows. I can read and write to the drive and Windows doesn't have a problem with it.
    Just what I posted in the screenshots already. If there is something else that the programs can display that I'm missing let me know and I'll post it up.
    That's the big question I have, and so far Gigabyte support keeps skipping over it and having me try different things. In their test bench it was recognized completely differently, no mention of AMD-RAID in the device description.

Let me try what you suggested and I'll report back.

Chike is online now Senior Member

Yes but the screen shots did not show the information about the drive itself or PCI bus like so:

Problem with AORUS RGB AIC NVMe SSD 512GB and GPU-pci-info-png

Got frustrated and installed Windows to the AIC. This fixed all the issues for a few days.

Tonight I removed the 250gb m.2 drive, and suddenly the SLI issue returned. Removing all the m.2 drives is the only way I've found to now get SLI functional. Installing a 500gb m.2 in the top slot of the motherboard results in Windows device manager detecting and labeling it as 250gb. I'm starting to think that Windows doesn't like it when you change m.2 configurations after installing Windows. I'm seriously dumbfounded by how removing hardware would cause a problem.

Chike is online now Senior Member

Windows does not even know if t's an M.2 drive, it's just another PCIe or SATA device.
    Try to reset CMOS or load defaults see if it detects it correctly.

Have a new 500gb drive coming at the end of the week to replace the 250gb. Will try a reset when it arrives. I suspect I'll be reinstalling Windows again in order to get everything functional, just wish I knew why.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information