Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Bios Fail

Default Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Bios Fail

Hi all. I have an X570 Gaming X mobo with a Ryzen 3700x. The mobo came with Bios F2 which i updated to F3 then F4j, when Bios F4 was released i installed that but all the USB's initialised from post, then they switched off and the system just hung with the Windoze 10 thing circling around and nothing else. I re-installed Bios F4j and the system booted up to desktop, the same when i tried F3. Now that Bios F5a is released i tried that but again it failed after initialising the USB's, i also noticed that the X570 chipset fan stopped working. Has anyone else with a Gaming X mobo managed to install either F4 or F5a?

I've tried installing the new Bios through the white usb port at the rear, a normal usb port at the front (F3 and F4j install without problems). I even used the @Bios utility with bios's i downloaded from the Gigabyte site (not through @Bios) but still F4 and F5a do not work. Any help please.

Regards

Chike is online now Senior Member

Default Re: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X Bios Fail

F3 works? Use it, why seek adventures?

Hi. It's more of why an updated Bios does not work when it's supposed to. Is it a fault with the board or a fault with an official Bios for the board. Is it something Gigabyte should rectify, or should i just except that any Bios officially released for my mobo, may or may not work, if that's the official line from Gigabyte then i would have to except it, but it isn't. It shouldn't matter whether my mobo is cheap or expensive, if there is a problem with the Bios that they have officially released, i should have reasonable expectations that that Bios should function for the mobo it is designed for. If there was no reason to update the Bios, and as you said, if i'm happy with F3 then stick with it, but officially released Bios's have a purpose which correct any errors in previously released Bios's. I do except that it's dangerous to flash a Bios and the onus is on the user, but if i can successfully flash F3 and F4j all day long without problems, then i am sure it's not something i'm doing in error.

Thanks for your kind reply

Regards

Hi. I received a message from Gigabyte to say they will br releasing a new Bios shortly.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Thread Information