Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic Bios update

I've been re-reading through my mobo manual and have found something interesting (in my oppion.) Under Bios Flashing [method 3] there is a program on a disc [provided by Gigabyte] that will autodownload the newest bios version [just need to select which mobo I am using] and it will auto update the bios for me. Do all mobos have this? Can I trust this method? Oh my mobo is a Gigabyte 8PE667Ultra
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Any oppinion would help here

well all mobos dont have this feature, but it should be safe if its provided by the mobo manufacturer :thumb: Anyways the worst that can happen is ull have to flash ur bios the old-fashioned way ;)

Ok, i flashed it works this post is pointless i think imma delete it

personally, i would not flash from within windows. i would be too scared too.

Well it worked just fine :D and im happy...

I would not do it either.

If I had 100 identicle computers, and it worked on the first one, I might do it just for ease.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

It worked and my computer runs smoother, its totally fine

Clearly, any competent mobo company isn't about to host files that ruin their costomer's hardware, and our only point is, is that it is more prone to go wrong, than a standard BIOS update.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Yeah, but my floppy is USB (don't know if it would work with a bios upgrade) and it worked so I'm happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information