Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little story-telling....

Hi there, i want u to hear my story now:

At first, yesterday I used my PC like everyday. But then, when i was in the middle of a Counterstrike-match the picture on the monitor froze. i tried a restart, but than it says:
    "A data is missing or is defect (I think it was cl125.nls). Please put the original WinXP disc in, to start the recover-program." I tried and tried but it doesn't reacts to something i want to do. First, i tried to boot per CD-Rom, but when i try to install it or to start the repair-program it don't recognize the harddisc, both of them not! :snip:

So, i tried to start at a other modus:
    - Safe-mode... it hangs up, when the mouse-cursor is showing.
    - safe-mode with loaded network-driver.... the same.
    - Start with the last functioning ... again...
    - Normal Start... wow, the scandisc is working, but it hangs up too. Sometimes it finishes the scandisc (I wonder, the most error files were erased or can't be scanned (It says: couldn't read the datasegment 2696-2699))
    hm... then i thought it was a hacker, who erased a file from my pc, but i don't know, i had the kerio-firewall (Maybe not safe enough : )

Now, what can i make about it? Maybe the mainboard is defect, cause it doesn't recognize the harddiscs. Or the erased file was so important, that everything is not useable anymore.

Plz help, if you know that problem. If you've got any qestions, just ask.
    My Computer:
    AMD XP Mobile +2500 @ 2000 Ghz
    MSI NV6600 Geforce 6600
    Infineon 2x256 DDR-RAM
    Corsair 256 DDR-RAM
    Abit NF7 Nforce2
    Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1

Have u tried a different hard with it. Maybe some files are screwed real bad and u need a new one.:confused:
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

I've got 2 harddisc, both can't be recognized. I just installed on one, a seagate-harddisc, the winxp
    My Computer:
    MSI NV6600 Geforce 6600
    Infineon 2x256 DDR-RAM
    Corsair 256 DDR-RAM
    Abit NF7 Nforce2

It sounds like your CPU is dying. This is not a software-related error. When a CPU starts to go it corrupts information, locks up, gives you random bluescreens etc. Either that or your memory is faulty, but it's more likely the CPU.

In any case it's now Windows-related, so I'll move this to the Incompatibilities and Issues forum where you'll get more help.

hm.. ok, thx, i never thought it's a cpu problem

But what do you mean by "The CPU is dying"? I have cooled it like always, and it's been working normally since 2 years, and now. Should i buy a new one or can i repair it somehow?
    My Computer:
    MSI NV6600 Geforce 6600
    Infineon 2x256 DDR-RAM
    Corsair 256 DDR-RAM
    Abit NF7 Nforce2

The best way to prove it is to reinstall Windows. Do a clean reformat and reinstall. If it still has problems then it's obviously not Windows.

If you want to see if it's your hard drives, then use the Seagate diagnostic tools available from the Seagate site (and most HD manufacturers have diagnostic utilities u can download). Because the diagnostic checks for a physically faulty drive, if it comes up clean then you're one step closer to suspecting either:

the motherboard - unlikely
    the RAM - likely but more likely its
    the CPU.

Run the Sandra 2003 CPU test over and over again and see whether than locks up or causes errors.

If you have P4 computer, run Memtestx86 to check the memory.

Yes, that's the problem, i can't work with Windows anymore! ... a dumb question, how do i get into the DOS system? because i can`t start windows, so i can't use that tools you recommended.
    My Computer:
    MSI NV6600 Geforce 6600
    Infineon 2x256 DDR-RAM
    Corsair 256 DDR-RAM
    Abit NF7 Nforce2

well two of them i.e. seagate tools or in other words seatools and memtest will make their own bootable floppies so you don't need to worry about logging into DOS.

another thing you can do is to download seagate's disk wizard. that will help you detect the seagate hard disk (if you haven't been able to do so).

now once you are sure about two things i.e. hard disk and memory...you can go ahead from there.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Hm... ok that's good. Thx

I tried it yesterday again, a friend of me said, that the problem lies in the partition (i had NTSF and he meant, that fat32 is safer). So i put a win98 disc in and boot the pc, then it said:
    "Windows can't be booted, cause of a softwareproblem." (Sorry for my lousy translation, I don't know how to translate from german to proper english)
    So I should ask the support about: "Loading programs can't boot without DLL in "Kernel" (you know what this is? I think it's german)
    Hm... ok, that's what it said.
    But I'll try the programs you mentioned, thx again

And here some smilies now!

:laugh: : peace2: :blah: :wave:
    My Computer:
    MSI NV6600 Geforce 6600
    Infineon 2x256 DDR-RAM
    Corsair 256 DDR-RAM
    Abit NF7 Nforce2

lets see if the hd boot record is corrupted. unplug the hdd molex and ribbon cable. see if the comp can boot to floppy and perform the memtest86 function. if so we can assume the boot records have been corrupted on the hdd. you can use the NTFIXMBR routine or use the seagate routines to write over the master boot record.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information