Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No Keyboard present

Every time I start up the PC, it recognizes the pci stuff, etc and at the bottom of the screen, it reports 'no keyboard present' and, sure enough, I cannot do anything with my keyboard.

The only fix I've found has been to shut down the PC, and then also shut down the power supply. When I restart, the problem doesn't happen.

I need a permanent fix to this problem. Any ideas? I believe this started happening since I upgraded my BIOS.
    amd xp 2700/333
    1G corsair (2x512) 2700/333
    radeon 9700
    a7n8x mobo
    antec 420

You may just have to roll ya BIOS back but (and it may seem silly) have ya tried another k/b on it? :?:

I could try another keyboard, but it seems to work after my little trick so I doubt it's a keyboard defect. :shrug:
    amd xp 2700/333
    1G corsair (2x512) 2700/333
    radeon 9700
    a7n8x mobo
    antec 420

Beefy Guest

Anything I was going to suggest has already been suggested. Seriously, give another keyboard a shot. You'd be surprised how many times the simple things are often the problem. Or, worst comes to worst, roll-back the BIOS, unless you really really needed that update.

That's the problem now, a lot of people update BIOSes even though there's nothing wrong with the machine and it works fine. BIOS updates are only meant for those that are experiencing problems that the new BIOS can fix.

Thread Information