Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DISC i need help!

Are ya usin' FAT32 or NTFS as ya file system and is the system overclocked or ya power likely to cutout? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Are ya usin' FAT32 or NTFS as ya file system and is the system overclocked or ya power likely to cutout? :?:
    Well when i got the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME it was on an ntfs drive, and it was at a lan with constant power issues....

Yeah im on NTFS, maybe it was caused due when turned the computer off without shutting it down properly? a few days earlier the power cut out 2 times due to builders but the computer was fine after that. Im gonna have to go and make myself a Xp recovery disc - any ideas?

ta ta

also with a stock xp install the IDE drivers can cause this issue (STOP 0x00000000E ERROR UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_DEVICE)
    or similar, fixable by the same procedure, SP1 and windows updates are there to fix things like this.
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

I got an unmountable boot volume with a sudden power outage once too. And thats why i disable Write caching now. It was an unreparable one, and I lost everything with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve(MrScruff)
    Thanks for your all of your help guys! I got it working! I borrowed a friends setup disc for home and it worked, accessed pro e.t.c

I can't belive it only took 5 mins to get setup and check the hard drive then 3 secs to replace the file. Works perfect ;) Is there anyway i can prevent this error happening again?

Ta Ta

:thumb: : peace2: :laugh: :wave:
    In my humble opinion, you probably could've avoided that if you were dual booting. For instance, if you could dual boot XP with 98 or something like that, you could've recovered some of your important files from your NTFS volume through ntfsread or ntfspro...

That's just what I think, I always think of dual booting as a silver lining in case something bad happens... :)
    Athlon XP 1800+ @ 1690MHz, 512MB DDR RAM(1x Apacer 256 + 1x Kingmax 256), Thermaltake V9, Gigabyte GA-7VRX, MSI GF4Ti4200 64MB, 40GB+80GB Seagate Barracuda IV, Creative Soundblaster Live! 5.1DE, Pioneer DVR-105 DVD-RW, Liteon LTR40125S, Samsung TFT 151s, Altec Lansing 641

Ill tell u what I do as a back up, I have a 5gig partition in case i need to install Xp on in case i have an install problem, that way i can recover everything.

I was just happening to be reading through the forum and found this.

My wives computer just did this EXACT same thing 2 days ago. I haven't started trying to fix it, but NOW I have somewhere to start.
    THANKS, GOTTA LOVE THESE FORUMS.

Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

My wives computer wasn't saved by using that method.

It said it had 2 unrecoverable errors.
    It still won't work.
    I tried fixboot too.
    Now it says "missing ntlvl" or something.

Any ideas on how to get the info off the disk at least.
    Or how to get it to work at all!!! It has XP corporate
    :devil win on it.

thanks,
    Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Quote Originally Posted by chezman
    My wives computer wasn't saved by using that method.

It said it had 2 unrecoverable errors.
    It still won't work.
    I tried fixboot too.
    Now it says "missing ntlvl" or something.

Any ideas on how to get the info off the disk at least.
    Or how to get it to work at all!!! It has XP corporate
    :devil win on it.

thanks,
    Chez
    no ideas on how to get xp working again, but to recover the data, just pull the hard drive out of her computer, put it in yours and copy the necessary files over.

EDIT: just did a search on the mskb for ntlvl and nothing came up, can you try to find the exact error?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information