Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Corsair DDR400 running at 333 !!!!!!

I've just built the following system but i'm having a problem figuring out why the memory is diplayed as DDR333 during POST and not Dual Channel DDR400! I also don't know how to tell if it's running in Dual Channel mode. Can anyone help with my blatent misunderstanding of this setup!

Abit NF7-S v2
    Athlon XP 2600+ (333fsb)
    512MB Corsair TwinX XMS3200LL (2 x 256mb in slots 3 & 2)
    WD 36.7Gb 10kRpm SATA
    Radeon 9700 pro

Since ur proc is running with a 333 fsb, the memory is set to run in sync with the fsb, so its at DDR 333 :thumb:, I'm not sure how to check this, but as long as you have the 2 DIMM's in the right slots then it should be in dual channel mode

check your manual, it should tell you which two slots to use for dual-channel

I don't know about that mobo, but mine states during POST if it is running in dual or single channel
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Yes if setup right ya memory will state that it's running at ya FSB speed (it will not help to run ya memory faster than the FSB) but you'll be able to run very aggressive memory timings plus leave ya plenty of headroom for overclocking. Another thing with this chipset is that ya can also drop the multiplier of the CPU and change the FSB to 200MHz then ya memory will run at it's spec'd speed of DDR400.

:cheers: Cheers people

Thread Information