Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: this is too weird

ok this was really weird, my dads old 300mhz celeron system (dont laugh its just for business) decided to not work. when he turned it on the monitor was reading no signal and the box started up and made a really weird beep sound (different than the post) and then eventually the whole comp would just turn itself off. all the time there was no picture on the monitor. dont worry i fixed it and thats the weirdest part. i decided to turn off the powerbar and turn it back on (just for the hell of it) and hey it worked, good as new now. what do you guys think happened?? let me know if u need more information

There could be a few things here. A mains power failure on 2 of mine require just what ya done to get them to boot back up. Maybe it's time for cleanout and while ya in there just reseat all the cards and memory modules in case of creepage. Or it just maybe feelin' the effects of age but who can really say.

Thread Information