Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: asus p4s8x-x and 9800 pro compatibility problems ?

After changing my motherboard from asus p4s-la... to... p4s8x-x (so I can have agpx8 speed ) I have been having problems with my gaming , games crash or freeze .With my first mb my 9800 pro worked fine. Also windows works ok and 3d mark with the new mb. windows xp
    asus p4s8x-x
    3d prohpet 9800 pro
    512 mb ram
    1.8GHZ P4
    hercules muse lt (sound card)

Having a look at event viewer I found this error report :
    The driver ati2dvag for the display device \device\video0 got stuck in an infinite loop . This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming incorrectly.

Any suggestions would be helpfull .:scream:

ANYONE PLEASE HELP ..........................

I have the same problem in 8x agp (see my other thread) I hope someone has an answer

I sent a e-mail to hercules regarding my problem about the 8xagp mobo and the 9800 pro card , and they suggested that the problem would be the power supply and to try another one 100w extra. When I get the chance to do this I will let you know or if you try out using a bigger power supply I would be thankfull for some feedback.

Thread Information