Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CPU Usage

Hello Guys! I assembled this system 3 months ago

Pentium 4 2.66 MHz FSB 533MHz
    Kingmax PC3200 400Mhz 512 DDR Gold PCB
    Sapphire Radeon 9700 Atlantis pro 128 MB
    Gigabyte GA-8INXP Intel E7205 chipset
    Seagate SERIAL SATA Barracuda 7200.7 120Gb Hard Disk
    Vantec VP4-C7040 P4 Aeroflow Cooler P4 3.06Ghz+
    Sony CRX220A1 52x24x52 CR-R/RW
    Samsumg 16x DVD read and 52x CD-Rom
    Panasonic 3.5 Floppy Disk Drive
    AverMedia TV tuner
    etc... etc...

but i'm having this 100% CPU Usage, when I Ctrl+Alt+Del my system whenever i run about 6 programs at thesame time. Can anyone tell why is this happening, and how can i solve it. Also how can i overclock my CPU? thanks in advance!!!

what programs are using the CPU?
    I got seti running and it uses 100%

In Windows Task Manager, click the Processes tab and then click on the CPU button until the processes that are using the greatest amount of CPU are at the top of the listing. You may have an unauthorized process running. sahagent comes to mind. Use a program like Spybot to clean out any unwanted spyware. Also, are you using Kazaa or a similar program? There are times when Kazaa maxes out the CPU for relatively short periods of time.

Also, do you have a personal firewall installed? If not, I highly recommend it. Unprotected internet surfing is unwise!
    :-(

programs are Windows Media Player 8.0, Internet Explorer, Flash MX, Adode Photoshop 7 and some folders i used for locating my files.

There are only 28 Processes in the CPU. My friends PC is running 2.0 Intel Celeron and 256 DDR Ram with 40 processes, but i havent seen it on 100% except if theres a program that is not responding.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    programs are Windows Media Player 8.0, Internet Explorer, Flash MX, Adode Photoshop 7 and some folders i used for locating my files.
    you have all of that running at once? no wonder you are getting full load on your cpu
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

you think its normal? but its only a few of them. it should be around 40 to 60 percent isn't?

Wow , i usally run with like 14 programs running and i feel thats too much ... lol most are systems :barf:
    Vulcan chicks are hot .......... Cezch chicks are hot ............ my left palm is not

Do you have Service Pack1 installed..:?:

If not then i suggest you install it since it has prevented this type of problem from many Win XP computers I seen..

It shouldn't use 100% of the power constantly even if those apps are running..

yah i do have service pack 1.

Are you looking at all user's app's? 28 doesn't sound like all of them? Do others use the machine? They might have an app that's running all the time?

Do the top cpu processes add up to 100%?
    :-(

Thread Information