Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: frequent game crashing

hey guys,

got my new system recently...after a few formats and bits and peices, i got sp1 installed and everythings running good.

when i play games it will either freeze up totally (and i have to manually reset) or just restart altogether. The event viewer just says its a application error, not giving much information.

i use WinXP pro, nforce2 drivers 44.04 i believe it is.
    directx 9.0a redist, radeon catalyst v7.90.

temps are about 42c under load (from the bios, checked after restarts)

this freezing/crashing problem ive tried happens in CS, battlefield 1942, enter the matrix so far. It seems to do this a lot more during playing over LAN.

i have my OpenGL/Direct 3D settings to 16x antistropic, 4x aa, and others maxed out in quality.

does anyone know what the problem is? i never had this happen with my old kt133a m-board. Must be a nVidia/ATI thing :confused:
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

this used to happen to me, until i got a new mobo and cpu, then i found out it was my ram, dl and run memtest to see if its your ram

i did a memtest on all available memory (462mb)...ran for 210% and got 0 errors.

:confused:

a mate of mine has a 2100+, 8rda+ and a radeon 9000 (exactly the same as mine)...he had frequent crashing in CS, not sure about other games.

btw, i run my memory same as my cpu (333FSB). timings are set to optimal.

any other ideas?
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

do you have another videocard that you can test with?

yeah a old 32mb geforce2 mx.

ive had this radeon 9000 for a fair while now, spending all its time with a kt133a mboard, 1.3 duron and 512 sdram. it never used to crash and restart with this setup, but once i bring DDR ram, a nforce2 board etc into the mix s**t hits the fan.

:mad:

Did ya checkout the Event Viewer for any logged critical errors? :?:

yeah. all it says is :

"Faulting application matrix.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module matrix.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x002d3fe8."

pretty much the same thing with other games :(

Thread Information