Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: computer... still freezing

A while ago I posted about my computer freezing and randomly restarting. I thought it might be a power supply problem.

Computer specs when bought:

128 mb SDRAM
    AMD Duron 850 MGz
    TNT card (like 4-16 mb i think)
    250 watt power supply
    40 gb hard drive
    unsure of the motherboard
    I also have a CD-ROM and a CD-RW as well as a floppy drive

Upgraded to:

640 mb SDRAM
    AMD Duron 1.3 GHz
    GeForce4 Ti 4600
    350 watt power supply
    40 gb hard drive
    same motherboard
    same drives
    added a new modem & network ethernet card
    also a new mouse & keyboard :P

The problem is that my computer freezes randomly... sometimes 5 times in an hour, and someones 1 time a day, and restards (less often than the freezes, though). All this is random; nothing seems to trigger it. I thought the power supply was the problem, but my computer has already restarted randomly in the first hour it was turned on. So far it hasn't frozen, but I'm sure it will :(

I think it could be a motherboard/BIOS problem, so my next update will be a new motherboard and some new RAM. what do you think could be the problem???

What operatin' system are ya usin'? :?:

Findin' out ya mobo will help a lot to most likely as well. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Riv3n
    A while ago I posted about my computer freezing and randomly restarting. I thought it might be a power supply problem.

Computer specs when bought:

128 mb SDRAM
    AMD Duron 850 MGz
    TNT card (like 4-16 mb i think)
    250 watt power supply
    40 gb hard drive
    unsure of the motherboard
    I also have a CD-ROM and a CD-RW as well as a floppy drive

Upgraded to:

640 mb SDRAM
    AMD Duron 1.3 GHz
    GeForce4 Ti 4600
    350 watt power supply
    40 gb hard drive
    same motherboard
    same drives
    added a new modem & network ethernet card
    also a new mouse & keyboard :P

The problem is that my computer freezes randomly... sometimes 5 times in an hour, and someones 1 time a day, and restards (less often than the freezes, though). All this is random; nothing seems to trigger it. I thought the power supply was the problem, but my computer has already restarted randomly in the first hour it was turned on. So far it hasn't frozen, but I'm sure it will :(

I think it could be a motherboard/BIOS problem, so my next update will be a new motherboard and some new RAM. what do you think could be the problem???
    I'm guessing its one or more of your RAM sticks but thats just a shot in the dark. Try using the original RAM (If you know its good with that board) and then pull out all your PCI cards and unhook any unneeded stuff and start trouble shooting from there, add one thing back at a time until hopefully you find out whats cuasing the freezes and restarts.

Thread Information