Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC Keeps powering down

The Amps for the power supply is rated: 3.3V - 28A, the 5V - 40A and the 12V railis rated at 28A. According to the BIOS the 3.3v is reading 3.20v, the 5v is reading 4.81v and the 12v is showing 11.84v. What range should they be in??

Ya power outputs are within the +/-5% range allowed but ya problem seems to indicate a power prob though without the use of another PSU this would be very hard to determin. Have ya tried setting Safe Defaults in the BIOS to see if this behaviour persists?

Yes! I tride the Safe Defaults and still the same thing. It still powers down at different points. I did order a new power supply and it is on the way. I hope to have it by this weekend. Do you have anything else I can troubleshoot while I'm waiting?

Sorry no but what PSU have ya ordered? A good name brand I hope. :?:

I ordered a Raidmax

Hey

Thanks for all the help!! I replaced my powersupply but that wasn't the problem. After reading other post in stis forum I ran a memory checker (Memorytester-86 to be exact). and my memory would pass all the test with the except for one (Moving Blocks). I guess that is why it would come up on the BIOS and come up on a Bootdisk, but when Windows loaded and wanted to swap files if would crash. plus the error was in the 5 to 8 meg range of my memory stick. Now that it has been replaced I am back and running.

Once again thanks for all the help and advice.

Kazz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information