Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Hi! nOOb here! Need assistance...

I purchased a GigaByte GA-7VT600-L over the weekend, (along with an AMD 2600+, Cooler Master Aero 7+ CPU fan, a stick of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT RAM, BFG FX 5600 GeForce), and installed everything into an Antec Sonata enclosure. I have not tweaked or over clocked anything as yet, and I am a little concerned with the system and CPU fan speeds.

I have the case fan plugged into the SYS FAN connector and the Cooler Master plugged into the CPU FAN connector. When running Gigabyte's EasyTune 4 program, it flashes a warning that the System fan is at 1854 RPM and the CPU fan is at 2250 RPM. The temperatures read; System 36 degrees C & 96 degrees F, CPU A 56 degrees C & 132 degrees F, this was confirmed by checking the BIOS. These speeds and temperatures were taken with the computer idling after 15 minutes. The Cooler Master speed setting adjustor is turned to maximum at these readings. I have verified the operation of the Aero 7+ with two new units, both behave similarly.

Is this normal? The Cooler Master Aero 7+ is supposed to have a Max. RPM of 3500. Have I incorrectly installed something or purchased an incompatible component? Any information that you may be able to provide would be much appreciated!

Beefy Guest

Please tell me there's either some thermal paste or thermal pad between the heatsink and CPU....

Arctic Silver 3 compound. :thumb:

as isnt the best anymore, i think it was nanotherm or something, nanotherm se

It's just the easytune4. I also had this problem. Try sandra or motherboard monitor. Also the sys and cpu fan connectors are mixed up, and thats with all monitoring programs and the bios. This just can't be fixed by switching plugs, the one labeled sys can't be reached by any hsf wires, it's just too far away on the other side of the board.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

If ya powerin' these fans from the mobo headers and not just monitoring them then that's likely ya prob with it as fans should never be powered from them, power them straight off the PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus7001
    It's just the easytune4. I also had this problem. Try sandra or motherboard monitor. Also the sys and cpu fan connectors are mixed up, and thats with all monitoring programs and the bios. This just can't be fixed by switching plugs, the one labeled sys can't be reached by any hsf wires, it's just too far away on the other side of the board.
    i will give Sandra a shot tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    If ya powerin' these fans from the mobo headers and not just monitoring them then that's likely ya prob with it as fans should never be powered from them, power them straight off the PSU.
    The power to the fans are coming from two connectors out of the power supply marked FAN ONLY.

Those "Fan only" connectors are controlled by the PSU and are regulated accordin' to the temps recorded by the PSU itself. I never use those connectors just for that reason and you should connect those fans to the other molex connectors.

Yep! Those fan only connections were controlled by the power supply as Wiggo stated.

Much obliged guys! I owe ya one! Would that be a doble bock or pilsner?

Thread Information