Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes, I Have My First Problem, Omg?!!?

Just another reason not to use Intel products

This sounds like a power supply problem, though I can't be sure. I'm not too familiar with auxilliary power supplies and how you have it hooked up and what it supplies power to in your system; however, a 250 watt main power supply sounds about a 100 watts too low for the ammount of equipment in your system. A friend's system had a similar problem with the lockups you describe; so he went over to www.pcpowercooling.com and used their power supply selector to find out what he should have in terms of watts, bought and installed a power supply, and his problems went away.

Quote Originally Posted by JediAgent
    Just another reason not to use Intel products

Was that comment really productive?

Yeah, a lot of issues recently do seem to be related to inadequate power.
    Problem is, the PSU seems to be an "invisible" part of the PC. It's quite easy to get someone to purchase a sexy new video or sound card. But many are reluctant to get a seemingly mundane larger power supply.
    But the PSU is where all the magic begins, and without it the magic just won't happen.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus

Was that comment really productive?

We have to be productive?
    P4 1.6 ghz @ 2.2 ghz (this is the willamette, not the northwood)
    Asus P4b m/b
    ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500
    Stock Heatsink
    3x65 mm fans
    Antec Sx830 case (soon to be modded)
    192 meg of sdram
    40 gig seagate
    Microsoft XP pro

Everytime i go to post a reply strait out of Hotmail when i get forum update mail, i sign in as JediAgent, and it says fhgump did it. This forum doesnt like me...

yea i am having problems to, cause i am getting all kinds of posts that i didn't post.
    P4 1.6 ghz @ 2.2 ghz (this is the willamette, not the northwood)
    Asus P4b m/b
    ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500
    Stock Heatsink
    3x65 mm fans
    Antec Sx830 case (soon to be modded)
    192 meg of sdram
    40 gig seagate
    Microsoft XP pro

This problem is happening a lot when ppl are logging in at the post reply page so to avoid this pls go the the forum main page 1st and login there then go to the thread that ya want to see and this should stop this happening until we can work out what's goin' on. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well whoever said it was the PSU...umn i fixed it as it mentions at the last post by me... but anyhoo, also askin how i configured my aux PSU it powers all the fans in my system, so a mobo, 2xHDs, gf2mx, etc, shouldn't need more than my 250watter, however, i will be delving into a 431W enermax or somefin of the like in the near future, just to remove the need for an aux PSU :D
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

just dug up this old thread of mine (way old!) to say that the problem has turned out to be mostly due to some form of incompatibility of this mobo with the herc sound card and/or intel nic, the trio once split apart are fine..
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information