Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange problem with Cd drive

I'm of the same opinion, KaZaa = :thumbs do , and ppl who use it are

I'm Sorry:o :o . But i need to download my Family Guy Episodes :D :D .
    And also remember im a kid, so i dont have a cash income :o :o . I cant just go out and buy a piece of software like u guys can
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Wait till ya've fixed up several dozen PC's because of KaZaa. I think the worst was 5 trojans, 6 serious worms, 278 other viruses and 489 spyware items. Plus the ppl who have me fix them don't want to loose any information but wonder at the bill at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Plus the ppl who have me fix them don't want to loose any information but wonder at the bill at the end.
    I hate those ppl. They truly do not understand.

Quote Originally Posted by homeworld1031tx
    I cant just go out and buy a piece of software like u guys can
    ummm, apparently you haven't heard, I have a bit of a reputation as a free software guy.

Now, I'm not in any way condoning what you might do with this software, but here is a P2P app which will enable you to connect to many networks without installing any bots, trojans, tracking, adware or click-stealing - just the ability to connect with and participate in the network is all you get.

http://www.winmx.com/

Maybe you are not wealthy - last time I used Google it was free.
    Every utility you might find on my system is freeware. Graphics, anti-virus, file recovery, firewall, FTP - all of it.
    None are stolen, none are hacked commercial copies, none contain adware, none do anything but the job they are intended for.
    Freeware rocks - but it takes some sorting to find the gems in the pile of tools available.
    Stop following the herd, investigate what you are considering installing and see if there is a better alternative.
    Some of that time you aren't spending with your stock analyst could be put to good use making your PC a safer and more productive tool.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Like Mr. C, I am an advocate of freeware and opensource software. there is very little than you cannot get in the form of those two. In-fact, if you'll check my Sig you'll see a WiP list of some of the better apps I have found.

The only things that I have on my system that are not some form of opensource or freeware is Windows (learning Linux to take care of that too) itself and a handful of games (that I could easily do without). All of my 'free' software I am quite happy with and it all does an excellent job. So as for your comment about paying for software... you just haven't looked around ;)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Easy now, I don't use Kazaa. Even if I was a big user of P2P software, i'd have a heck of a time downloading anything worth while off of dial up. Any software that I have, has been aquired through legal means. Well, most of it...:o

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.KBD87
    i'd have a heck of a time downloading anything worth while off of dial up.
    Patience is all that is required.
    My largest file acquired using dial up is a tad over 900Mb. Took about 3 months - most of which was waiting in line and reconnecting every 4 hours.

I recently spent over 9 months on 1 file and that was with a DSL connection.
    Not that the file is so huge, just over 600Mb, but the fact that so very few people have that file.
    Quite a rarity indeed :)
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    I recently spent over 9 months on 1 file and that was with a DSL connection.
    Not that the file is so huge, just over 600Mb, but the fact that so very few people have that file.
    Quite a rarity indeed :)
    :eek: I'd love to know what that file is. I've just got to wonder what could be so rare and yet so important that you would download it over a 9 month period. Hope whatever it was, was worth it.

:cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information