Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: BIOS flash troubles!

I flashed my BIOS to update it (trying to solve my stability issues - refer to my other thread) and it went through the flash program with no problems and rebooted. It didn't load windows completely (same as it has been doing), but this time when it reset, it didn't POST anymore. Then the video signal went dead and now it powers up, but doesn't seem to do anything else!

Did that friggin' BIOS flash kill it or what?? I'm stumped. This Soltek board and XP2500+ has been nothing but trouble! :shoot2:

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:group:
    <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
    Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
    Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
    2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
    80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
    </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
    Blaster Live!<br>
    Volcano 7+<br>
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
    19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
    </p></td></tr></table>

Sounds like the flash was messed up. I think that you might have no choice but to take it back to the manufacturer, but I'm not sure.

Out of curiosity, did you happen to pull the battery out for a bit?
    I have dealt with a ton of Soltek boards, since that is all I had a chioce of while I lived in Tokyo for 5 years. Most of the time we would pull the batteries for about 2-3 minutes and it would reset them.
    I haven't dealt with them in a year or two.
    They are different then every other board I have dealt with.
    Might work, maybe not, its worth a try though...

Chez

I found the problem... this was a very DUH moment. I held down insert and got it to start booting again.

The problem I've been having was due to my memory being OCed - just by default. It was wierd, my CPU runs at 166MHz(333), but I only have PC2700 - the BIOS was setting my memory frequency @ 166 by default for some odd reason, so I went in and manually set it down to 133 and it works great.

THanks for the responses!

Matt
    <table width="225" height="100" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td width="100"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMD
    Athlon XP2500+ FSB333<br>
    Soltek SL-75FRN -L<br>
    2X256 Corsair XMS PC3200<br>
    80GB Deskstar 7200RPM</font>
    </p></td><td width="125"><p align="center"><font color="#003300" size="-3" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sound
    Blaster Live!<br>
    Volcano 7+<br>
    GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB<br>
    19" TRINITRON CRT FLAT<br><br> ANTEC true430 PSU</font>
    </p></td></tr></table>

Thread Information