Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: burn out

had a power faliure,and when elct. came back on my power supply burn up, got new power supply from puter shop no boot.back to puter shop they had no mother board to fit my system PENT3-800Mz,ASUS P3-e board,1024 RAM,NiVidia 5700 vidio board. Had to buy new stuff (they don't carry much so don't laugh) AMD ATHLON (tm) XP2000+ 166 ghz, DFI AD77 mother board, 512 DDR-SDRAM, GeForce 2 100/200 vido board ($350) this is the best stuff that this little shoop carried. NOW the guy at the shop said he would give me $100.00 trade in for my old stuff, thist don't sound right to me. Do you think any of my old stuff is any good, and mybe I could use it in anouther system. Or should I just take his offer as it is probly junk. Power supply burnt bad.Thanks BUDDY

2. Default

Keep the other stuff and go through piece by piece to see what doesnt work...cuz not all of it is gone...probably just the MB

Quote Originally Posted by buddy_y
    had a power faliure,and when elct. came back on my power supply burn up, got new power supply from puter shop no boot.back to puter shop they had no mother board to fit my system PENT3-800Mz,ASUS P3-e board,1024 RAM,NiVidia 5700 vidio board. Had to buy new stuff (they don't carry much so don't laugh) AMD ATHLON (tm) XP2000+ 166 ghz, DFI AD77 mother board, 512 DDR-SDRAM, GeForce 2 100/200 vido board (0) this is the best stuff that this little shoop carried. NOW the guy at the shop said he would give me 0.00 trade in for my old stuff, thist don't sound right to me. Do you think any of my old stuff is any good, and mybe I could use it in anouther system. Or should I just take his offer as it is probly junk. Power supply burnt bad.Thanks BUDDY
    Use your old videocard, RAM (If possible), and harddrive in your new system. An AMD Athlon XP2000+ is a little weak if your a video game player but its better than what you had.

Both my 80 gig & 30 gig hard drives were good, just had to play xp forward and reinstall windows. I now what I have now is not much, but I had to use what I could get local (only one puter shop in town) . What do you think the odds are on that ram being good it was two sticks of 512 mb/8 non-ECC SyncMAX ram,Running with a Pentium3 800Mz processar. I tried the video card it works in this system. Sure glad I keep this stuff now I got a lot of money in that card. Would you buy a cheap mother board to check the old processer and mem are am i just wasting my money. that power supply burnet bad.Thanks BUDDY

[QUOTE]Originally posted by buddy_y
    [B]. I now what I have now is not much, but I had to use what I could get local (only one puter shop in town) .

Have you ever heard of ordering online. It's the best way to buy computer stuff and the mailman delivers almost everywhere nowdays.

He probably needed stuff right away, so thats why he chose local dealer.

ya could get the another board, or you could try FS forums and sell all your stuff to recoupe the losses. :thumb:

I do buy a lot of stuff on line,but you can't get on line with a burnt out puter, so I had to go to hole in the wall puter store & as they are the only game in town i had to take what they had. Can any one suggest a place to get a used cheap mother board that will take a PENTIMUN 3 I just want to check this stuff. thanks BUDDY

Quote Originally Posted by buddy_y
    I do buy a lot of stuff on line,but you can't get on line with a burnt out puter, so I had to go to hole in the wall puter store & as they are the only game in town i had to take what they had. Can any one suggest a place to get a used cheap mother board that will take a PENTIMUN 3 I just want to check this stuff. thanks BUDDY

www.pricewatch.com is a good place to start looking for your MB. I'm guessing you will be able to find a nice Mainboard for your old system for less than what you paid in state tax on your new system there.

I would have borrowed a friends computer or went to the library if your town has one or some other buisness that has a computer and internet and ordered online from there, or atleast tried to pick up a Computer shopper magazine to call around. www.Pcdirect.com will ship for free and it usually takes them only 2 days to ship half way across the counrty for delivery if you need something real fast and don't want to pay high shipping cost for overnight delivery.

I would go through ForSale forums that are on the net. P3 mobo can be had for about 30bux to your door. but YMMV: peace2:

Thread Information