Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Router HELP!

I hate routers! I currently have a linksys 4 port 100 mbs router hooked up to 3 pcs. Anywayz it wont let me access almost anything! My email doesnt work, the other forums dont work, and everytime i go to a page in tweaktown it asks me to log on to tweaktown! Very Annoying. Anywayz i was wondering how do i access my router and turn on cookies? Cause if i turn on cookies in ie explorer it still doesnt do anything since the routers in control. Im using windows xp pro.

LOL. Your router won't have a cookie button.

I think you might have to explain the situation a little better and how you have your router setup and what problems you have when you take the router out of the picture and browse directly from each computer through the modem.

Chez

well i know it wont just have a button, but i need to be able to turn it off and turn it on. When im using the dsl by itself, everything can be accessed! Like how do u change the configurations of the router?

It might help if you can locate an instruction manual for your router and you router dosent handle cookies. Most likely the setup or configuration for your router has been changed, is incorrect or messed up.

I have used now 2 Netgear routers. They are accessed via a numeric web address. You'll have to get the data on yours to know what the address is.

When we installed the latest one, my son had difficulty accessing one of his gaming servers. He figured out that, he had to set his machine as the default DMZ. (Other than Demiliterized Zone, I don't know what DMZ would stand for.) He too was using XP Pro.
    :-(

elrado1 is correct. I have the same sort of set up on my router. There are many options on the router usually for opening access to different ports. You can customize your settings.

Look it up in the instruction manual for your router. It will give you an idea of the default IP address that the router uses for it's web interface.

Thread Information