Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Startup Issues

I've upgraded the motherboard BIOS before I installed the XP2600. I have also updated the BIOS in the video card.

One thing I'm thinking is that maybe the mobo doesn't quite like the XP2600. Afterall it came out before 333 Mhz FSB CPUs were out, so they didn't get a change to test them properly.

I had a look around and I could get a Gigabyte GA-7N400-L1 nForce2 Ultra400 for just $A134 which is 1/3 less than I paid for the KT3-Ultra 2.

But of course that's a final option.

do they have different nanosecond readings on the wafer itself, disregard the ddr rating...........and, i'm sure there is some inconsistencylike not setting your memory to hclk+33 for the 333 designation, while otherwise it would be set to it's default 266 setting

I'm not quite sure what the memory settings in bios are (I'll notethem down next time I (re)boot the PC), but at boot up it reports 333 Mhz and Cas 2.5. I did check with Sandra and the memory is at 333 Mhz but one thing I noticed is that one module is single-bank and the other is double-bank.

Is that anything to worry about?

then the other,and see what you get.............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information