Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: stupid f..... vid card!

ok, finally got a new board, gigabyte ga-5ax cablable of doing/running anything i think i want (yes - new, never used)

got a new 10gb drive

got a new copy of win2k (fresh burn anyway of my copy)

got a new 250w psu

got a new set of ram, 1gb total pc133

got a nearly new amd500, nic, sound, 8gb drive, GeForce 256 64mb DDR, isa scsi card, and ata66 card

plugged it all in, and ran setup from cdrom and installed on 10gb drive on ata card

the setup freezes 1/2 way through the "detecting hardware such as mouse and keyboard...blah bah blah" screen :very angr:

reboot, 5x - same problem

start removing cards one @ a time untill problem goes away -
    problem doesn't go away even after going down to the ata card and the vid card
    remove ata card, put 10gb drive on IDE2 and rerun setup from beginning

SAME DAMN PROBLEM! :flames:

remove vid card, and replace with 2mb P.O.S. card, setup continues flawlessly
    get to desktop, shutdown and install one card at a time (nic, sound, isa scsi, ata = in that order), when it was all done, installed GeForce 256 64mb DDR - and less than 5 minutes later, while downloading the latest detonator drivers, the monitor turns off as if it wasn't plugged into a vid card!!!

??????????????????????????

this is the SAME fukn problem as i was having with this card on the epox mobo i posted about a few weeks ago and was told it was a problem with the board! :

conclusion: i got reamed when i bought this card

yes? no? other ideas?

---------

oh yeah, and i kicked the case across the room 2 minutes ago...

edit:
    yeah i meant GA-5AX :|

I take it ya mean a Gigabyte GA-5AX board but ya still just windin' up with the same problem that I've already told ya about.
    Getting a GF2 MX to run on SS7 boards is hard (if not impossible) due to the current requirements of those video cards.
    Give it a break and upgrade to a modern system that can deal with new technology as SS7 was never designed with these requirements in mind as they wern't around then.
    I know that you want to keep your ISC cards so why not just set that PC up with your VooDoo card in it and use it as a server and put yourself together a new technology setup if you really want some decent video performance. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

f-ing a...

so i ran out and got a Radeon All-In-Wonder, top o da line of curse

oh great, numeros vid errors with this card/drivers just popped up
    the screen is completely unreadable - i';m typing blind!

i hpe thatt's the submit button there...

i REALLY don't wanna blow $500 on a new mobo/cpu/ram right now....

edit:
    i put it on the epox board, mvp3c-m

now i got my 220mhz vd32k back in...

although many of the parts listed above are new - i didn't pay much for them, in case anyone was wondering why i'm saying i don't wanna spend any more $ (besides which i really don't wanna spend anymore money!) (did that make sense? i dunno - i'm stressed...mayby somone here will "gimmie" a new mobo/cpu and ram to "test" so i can "write" a "review" :) )

Well ya better stop tryin' to fight that loosin' battle that ya havin' with those 2 cards. Be happy with ya old setup till you can afford to build a better one. But with the money that you've spent so far ya could have been well on ya way to that new system. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

installed the radeon a-i-w in the ga-5ax board and colin mcrae rally 2, and have ZERO problems so far, so now i KNOW it's the card(s) (geforce256 and radeon 7500) that have the problem

i got reamed :(

Yeah those 2 cards need more current to run them. :smokin:

damnit, listen to wiggo

i hate ISA cards in win2k also, incase u have troubles with that, have u tried using the system without the ISA/legacy stuff?

what about windows 98se?
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

just another update, to close this tread (sic)

well, got the new mobo, ga-5ax, installed with all drives and cards up and running with all updates to the system

everything is working as it should be

turns out the last incarnation of win2k i had installed, i tweaked far beyond normal, heheh

it was just time to do a reinstall is all

now to get a NEW new mobo and get into the 21st century, re: http://216.151.100.151/vbulletin/sho...&threadid=1397 and leave this as the server/test/817c|-| b0x

:afro:

oh, and what's with the only 1 smiley per post now? sheesh..

Hooray!
    Now that's the spirit. :thumb:

Thread Information