Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Soundblaster Live value echo

I had to reformat my computer yesterday becuase a system 32 file got currupted in Windows XP. I installed all the latest drivers for everything but for some reason my sound has an echo. I think it might be because I selected a 4 speaker system instead of a 2 speaker system when I installed the creative labs drivers for my Soundblaster Live Value soundcard. My system has a Monsoon subwoofer and 2 speakers. I only installed the soundcard drivers and not the software so I'm not sure how to access settings other than going though Windows sound option and doing it there but that does not help. I really don't want Soundblaster software on my system so does anyone have a possible fix before I instal it.

FYI... the SoundBlaster drivers for the Value line of cards have been terrible since the release of WinXP. I have always used the default drivers loaded with the Windows installation and have yet to have a single problem with them. Just food for thought.

As to the issue you're suffering through, even if you didn't install the LiveWare package, you should have some sort of console for the drivers you are using. Look under your PROGRAMS tab under the Start button and see if there is anything listed under your sound card. If nothing shows up there, then I would try the Control Panel and snoop around a bit.

Good luck. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    FYI... the SoundBlaster drivers for the Value line of cards have been terrible since the release of WinXP. I have always used the default drivers loaded with the Windows installation and have yet to have a single problem with them. Just food for thought.

As to the issue you're suffering through, even if you didn't install the LiveWare package, you should have some sort of console for the drivers you are using. Look under your PROGRAMS tab under the Start button and see if there is anything listed under your sound card. If nothing shows up there, then I would try the Control Panel and snoop around a bit.

Good luck. :D
    There is some Creative text ducumentation but I didn't see anything helpfull listed there. Turning the treble down helps a little but I like more than the defualt level of treble in most cases, so this I don't like to do. If I can't figure something out in the next couple of days I'll put Liveware on.

Thread Information