Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: USB prob? or keyboard

i have a asus a7n8x deluxe . and i have been using it for 3 months now with this keyboard brand name "finland". it works perfectly but since yesterday for some reason, bios cannot detect my keyboard. Every time i go power on the system, bios says it cannot detect teh keyboard, and i cant resume. The keyboard is very expensive, and i dont want it to be wasted. I dont have a spare keyboard so i cant check the usb.

but one clue is that when i power on my system, the LED's of teh key board glows. so i know power is getting to my keyboard.

thanz for ur help

peace
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

Haven't had this issue on an nForce2 based board, but I did have an identical problem with a KT400 based model. I discovered that it was a conflict between a PS2 type keyboard and a USB external memory card reader. If you have something (besides the mouse) that is USB, try unhooking it and then rebooting. If you can suddenly use the keyboard again, then you'll have to see what to do to resolve the USB conflict.

Don't know if this will be the same as your setup, but hopefully it is a place to start the troubleshooting. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information