Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: freeze/reboot in games and some apps

alright i have been trying to fix this for a while now and ive not had much luck. first heres my specs

8rda+ (latest bios and drivers)
    2400xp
    9200 128mb (3.7 cats)
    450W PSU (more than enough for what i got)
    256mb crucial pc2100

well it freezes or reboots randomly mostly in games but very rarely does in windows. I know its not temps because they are in the low 30's. its also not the overclock because it still does it at stock volt/frequencies. I have also tried moving my stick of ram in all 3 slots and no luck. im getting very good voltages on all my rails too. If you can make some suggestions i would be very thankful. im willing to try anything to get this baby stable. is it possible that its the HDD? O yea, i have also gone over the bios settings but if u could think of anything that could cause this let me know cuz i could have missed it before. cheers

Odds are ya got a bad stick of RAM there m8

Try another stick of memory.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

it seems like its ram but i have used this stick on other systems and it was fine, it was good on this system before too, any chance its the vid-card?

Quote Originally Posted by swinger
    it seems like its ram but i have used this stick on other systems and it was fine, it was good on this system before too, any chance its the vid-card?
    Maybe the Ram got damaged in the exchange between systems. I've also found that some RAM is unstable with certain systems but worked O.K. in another but if it worked before in that system it might be damaged.

Did you happen to reset your bios? Check your Cmos settings and make sure everything is how you had it when the system worked good.

I'm not sure if a bad video card would do that or not but I woundn't be surprised if it was possible.

ive done some more troubleshooting and its starting to look like HDD to me, is that possible or likely? there is still a chance its the ram but i tried a different stick and its the same deal. or still yet it might be a setting i overlooked. i will clear the cmos and see.

What operatin' system are ya usin'? :?:

xp pro

Have ya checked the Event Viewer out (Control Panel/Admin. Tools/Event Viewer) for any logged red flagged errors under Applications or System? :?:

Also go "Control panel/System/Advanced tab/Startup and Recovery/Settings" and under "System failure" untick the box beside "Automatically restart" and instead of restartin' a blue screen will come up with the error code as to what has just happened.

Stop error codes

Have ya checked the Event Viewer out (Control Panel/Admin. Tools/Event Viewer) for any logged red flagged errors under Applications or System?

i checked the event viewer and it was full of errors and warnings in the system and application sections. i disabled the auto restart and the blue screen comes up when im playing and says bad pool caller. the link you gave me says that it is something to do with a driver. I think its video but i have re-installed them and even tried older versions. I am really stumped as to how to fix this problem. thanks for all the help so far. keep them suggestions coming. if u think of anything let me know. not sure what driver it is for sure though. if you need the whole error message let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information