Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cd-rw writing speed????

alright, i got a cd burner that is supposedly a 52x24x52. so it should write at 52 speed, rewrite at 24 speed, and read at 52 speed, correct? but when i burn a reguluar cd-r it only has a max write speed of 40x. i am using nero express, if anyone knows if this is just the software, or the burner please let me know. everything is installed correctly, and works fine, but it simply doesnt burn at the correct speed as identified everywhere on the drive, pakcaging, and software. thanks in advance

the CD's you're using can probably only burn up to 40x. If you want to burn at a full 52x, you will need new CDs
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

alright thanx, never thougth of that tho lol. most obvious thing of all. i used the discs taht came with it and burned sum pics for grandparetns first (thats part of the story of how i got one and my reasons since its the family computer but neway....) they have those cds so i will have to check sumtime later. tahnks check

Thread Information