Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I finally figured out my problem any input??

ok over the last few weeks my computer has been randomly restarting or giving me the BSOD so i looked online it after many forums and a lot of reading i learned that it was most likely a memory or power supply problem so today why checking my system temps i noticed a voltage read out in this program that i have always kinda overlooked but actually looked into today and realized what it was saying my computer isn't getting anywhere near 12 volts rail which blew my mind but not really since its a cheapo psw. oh well have a look at the screen shot and tell me if this could be the reason for my computer constantly messing up
    http://sigx.yuriy.net/images/xefloetry83.png
    AMD Athlon XP 2800 Barton
    FrozenCpu.com(Blizzard) Mid tower 2-120mm 2-80mm all voltages controlled
    Enlight 420W Dual Fan PSW
    Thermaltake Volcano 9
    Leadtek WinFast K7NCR18G-Pro nForce MB Dual DDR memory architecture
    2x256=512mb DDR Samsung 2700 333mhz bus
    GF4
    17inch LCD Pixo at700s
    logitech mx700 wireless
    40GB Western Digital "SE"
    30GB Maxtor 7200 ATA133

if i remember correctly 12V rail mainly provides power to most of the peripherals like your drives and all. whatever dude, that thing looks real bad but don't take my word on it. someone real gud in hardware might come in and help you more but imo start collecting money for a gud PSU.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Looks like you have a major issues!!!
    BTW just to be sure, go into bios, and there you;ll find a PC Health or something simmilar. See if the voltages show up any different.
    If they do, the software might be reading something wrong, although I doubt it. But worth a shot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by efloetry83
    ok over the last few weeks my computer has been randomly restarting or giving me the BSOD so i looked online it after many forums and a lot of reading i learned that it was most likely a memory or power supply problem so today why checking my system temps i noticed a voltage read out in this program that i have always kinda overlooked but actually looked into today and realized what it was saying my computer isn't getting anywhere near 12 volts rail which blew my mind but not really since its a cheapo psw. oh well have a look at the screen shot and tell me if this could be the reason for my computer constantly messing up

I use this cheap PSU. http://www.pcdirect.com/product.asp?Sku=450ATXAMD .

I get this, but I use a P4 mainboard.
    3.3v - 3.16v
    +5v - 5.08v
    +12 - 12.22v
    -12v - -13.35v
    -5v - -5.40v

Just thought I'd mention this below becuase it might possibly be related to your problem.

I use to get wierd things like what your talking about (System restarts, 3D game freezes\crashes) to happen to a couple of my systems that used PSU powered ATI Radeon graphics cards and at one point I blamed the PSU's but found out in both cases it was not the PSU and was just CMOS settings that needed to be changed . Maybe something like this is happening to you but I have to admit your votages do look really weak if larger minus numbers are better on the last 2 items, although I'm no expert on the subject so maybe thats O.K. on a AMD board. .:shrug:

You could probably find something with Google pertaining to what those voltages should run.

Have ya checked for software updates to that program? :?:

If none then either it is incorrect or ya have a short curcuit somewhere in ya system. :eek:

I have linked 2 PSU and now i have weird reeding too... but no problems at all!
    I see 1.60V for the 3.3v
    4.8v for the +5v
    -5.9 for the -12v
    SYX -=AMD Powered=-
    AMD 1800+ @ 1880Mhz on A7S333 , 250 Meg DDR 333 Platinum @2-2-2-6
    Asus TNT 2 32 meg (128) , 250W ATX, 200W AT (same case)
    Steel automotive intake fan (see avatar) , 3X40mm exaust fans in the back

I used Speedfan on my 8RDA+ and it never reported the right voltages, so Id say the program is wrong

Ok it looks like the program is wack and wasnt reporting the right voltages, becasue of it i ended up gettin a nice new enlight 400 watt power supply. So i can rule that out of my problems for my windows and games freezing outta no where. My system and cpu temp is fine now im afraid that it might be my memory any input or suggestions? on what to do an order to handle this problem.
    http://sigx.yuriy.net/images/xefloetry83.png
    AMD Athlon XP 2800 Barton
    FrozenCpu.com(Blizzard) Mid tower 2-120mm 2-80mm all voltages controlled
    Enlight 420W Dual Fan PSW
    Thermaltake Volcano 9
    Leadtek WinFast K7NCR18G-Pro nForce MB Dual DDR memory architecture
    2x256=512mb DDR Samsung 2700 333mhz bus
    GF4
    17inch LCD Pixo at700s
    logitech mx700 wireless
    40GB Western Digital "SE"
    30GB Maxtor 7200 ATA133

Quote Originally Posted by efloetry83
    Ok it looks like the program is wack and wasnt reporting the right voltages, becasue of it i ended up gettin a nice new enlight 400 watt power supply. So i can rule that out of my problems for my windows and games freezing outta no where. My system and cpu temp is fine now im afraid that it might be my memory any input or suggestions? on what to do an order to handle this problem.

I'd guess its either your memory or a setting. Try using only one of the Ram modules at a time and place it in the slot closest to your CPU, then see if that stables your system out.

What's the exact error given with the BSOD and what operatin' system are ya usin'? :?:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information