Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem -- Computer keeps turning off... Please help!

Oh wow... I had no idea that it could cause damage... Do you know where I can get that connector that will let me power it from the PSU?
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#888888" bordercolorlight="#888888" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.83Ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Abit KX7-333</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 1024MB Crucial DDR PC2700</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> NVidia RIVA TNT2 Pro (Fear my graphic power!)</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 120GB Western Digital Caviar Special Edition</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Chieftec FS710 Silver Aluminum Case w/ Plexiglass Side Window    &amp ;nbsp; &nbsp </font></td></tr></table>

It comes standard with that HSF and has done so since the Volcano 7 so check the packagin' again.

That's the problem... I have no idea where the packaging is... or if I even still have it. I installed that fan at least 4 or 5 months ago, and I have moved to a new house since then... so there is no telling if I still have it.
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#888888" bordercolorlight="#888888" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.83Ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Abit KX7-333</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 1024MB Crucial DDR PC2700</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> NVidia RIVA TNT2 Pro (Fear my graphic power!)</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 120GB Western Digital Caviar Special Edition</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Chieftec FS710 Silver Aluminum Case w/ Plexiglass Side Window    &amp ;nbsp; &nbsp </font></td></tr></table>

Most good PC stores will carry those 3pin to 4 pin adaptors.

Thanks, I just placed an order at bestbyte.com... I sure hope that fixes my problem, because if that's not it, I don't know what it could be.

ok.. so i ordered a 3 pin to 4 pin adapter... when i get it, i will unplug the fan from the mobo, and plug it into the adapter, and into the PSU........ at this point--how does the motherboard sense that i have a fan plugged in? Doesn't something have to be plugged into the fan1 slot? Or will it just sense that it is being cooled? Because if it doesn't think a fan is there, it won't even power up.

You can do 2 things.
    1. turn off the fan monitoring feature.
    2. attach a small fan to it (60mm) to fool the mobo.
    Either one will work.

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    You can do 2 things.
    1. turn off the fan monitoring feature.
    2. attach a small fan to it (60mm) to fool the mobo.
    Either one will work.
    No no just plug in the fan speed monitoring cable to ya mobo, it's usually a yellow cable. Then just take the power from the 4 pin psu cable as stated above..

I received the adapter cable today... and I plugged the fan into the power supply... and I did have to fool the motherboard into thinking a fan was plugged in by plugging in a second smaller fan... or else the computer won't even turn on. There isn't a 'monitoring cable' that i know of... There is a two prong cable coming out of the fan that isn't being used... but I'm not sure what it is... it's not long enough to plug into anything... and i'd have to get another adapter to plug it into whatever is supposed to plug into it, so it seems. But whatever, this is working fine... and so far it hasn't shut off yet..... but time will tell if this was the solution. I really hope it is... I can't afford not to be able to use this computer for much longer.

Thanks for all your help!

Oh, also--does anybody know how to 'turn off the fan monitoring feature' on an a-bit kx7-333 motherboard? I have no idea how I would do that. It would be nice if i didn't have to have a second useless fan in my case.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information