Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem -- Computer keeps turning off... Please help!

Hmm... I never had the problem until I installed the new thermaltake fan... Although I don't know how that could be causing the issue... And my problem didn't start until I had the fan installed for at least 2 months, and probably 3...
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#888888" bordercolorlight="#888888" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.83Ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Abit KX7-333</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 1024MB Crucial DDR PC2700</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> NVidia RIVA TNT2 Pro (Fear my graphic power!)</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 120GB Western Digital Caviar Special Edition</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Chieftec FS710 Silver Aluminum Case w/ Plexiglass Side Window    &amp ;nbsp; &nbsp </font></td></tr></table>

could it be thermaltake fans? with certain mobos? i have not idea i have checked everything and i dun know wht to do heh,
    i have a dfi kt400 lanparty mobo with 512 3200 ddr ram and i dun know wht the prob could be

there is a red light right next to the ram im not sure if it means its damaged (tht would suck brand new ram and was working fine b4 i installed the thermaltake fan) anyway not sure if its working or if it means its messed up, i check the manual and the site but does not say.

I don't think it could be a problem with the fan and the motherboard... because my fan is plugged straight into the power supply... without any cable plugged into the mobo for monitoring purposes... so it's not even connected to the motherboard at all in any sort of wiring-fashion. But maybe a problem with the fan and the PSU...

What kind of thermaltake fan are you using? Mine is the Volcano 11+ Xaser edition... and I have it connected to the fan speed adjustment control
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#888888" bordercolorlight="#888888" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.83Ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Abit KX7-333</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 1024MB Crucial DDR PC2700</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> NVidia RIVA TNT2 Pro (Fear my graphic power!)</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 120GB Western Digital Caviar Special Edition</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Chieftec FS710 Silver Aluminum Case w/ Plexiglass Side Window    &amp ;nbsp; &nbsp </font></td></tr></table>

enhancedstudios have ya tried runnin' Memtest86? :?:

its not my psu cause i tried my athlon 1 ghz in it and it still didnt work i think its volcano 9 or something it has the monitering cable but no fan speed adjustment. i have tested prty much everything

MythiCal-- no, not cpu.... psu, power supply

Wiggo-- memtest86? how would i go about doing that?

Nevermind, I figured it out and am running it right now. Problem is, I don't know if it will stay on long enough to complete the test. It already only 40% completed before it turned off... so I removed a dimm and am running again and hopefully it will finish the test on just one chip.

I figure that what I'll do is run this test... if the memory is fine... then I'm going to take everything apart and clean it really well.... and then just connect the bare minimum... psu, mobo, cpu, fan, video card, memory, and nothing else... and boot to the bios and see if it works fine with just those items... if it still doesn't work... i will get a new power supply... if that doesn't work, it must be the motherboard. maybe the motherboard was damaged by having the high performance fan plugged directly into it for 4 months or more before i learned that that isn't a good idea.

could that be it? the motherboard got damaged that way and that would cause this?

Well, I deciced to Flash the BIOS. I've always been afraid to do that because I thought I would mess up my motherboard forever. But i was thinking that I'd probably have to buy a new one anyway, so I went for it... and it worked... and I proceeded to run Memtest-86 afterwards... and whereas it kept getting about 99% finished with the 1st pass and shutting off (4 or 5 times in a row)... this time it is already completed with 2 passes and is doing the third (how many times does it do this anyway?) And there have been no errors, no ECC errors... AND, best of all, it hasn't shut off! and it's been running the tests for almost an hour!

I don't know if the problem is fixed now... or if it just has decided to either start running for 3 or 4 hours before it shuts off instead of 15-25 minutes...

But we'll see soon enough.

IF the bios flash ended up fixing the problem--what exactly would the problem have been? I'm not very familiar with anything having to do with the BIOS.

i alrdy flashed it and it didnt work i dun know whts going on with this, i think maybe having my thermaltake fan plgued into the mobo maybe fried it? the lights on the mobo are still on tht shows tht the ram is connected and processor is connected and so on so i dun know if its fried or not i guess ima have to get a bios post card, anyoneh ave a suggestion on wht it could be????

-Myth

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information