Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Problem -- Computer keeps turning off... Please help!

All right, now everything is much worse. I thought it might have been fixed, but it shut off after about an hour and a half. I tried running it one more time and it shut off about an hour and a half again... It completed 3 and a half passes with the memtest-86 program before it shut off both times... and then i tried to turn it back on.... and it just beeped... it was about 1 or 2 second long beep... then silent for 2 or 3 seconds... then the 1 second beep again... and so on and so forth and wouldn't start up at all... so i kept trying to turn it off and back on and it kept doing that.... then it finally quit beeping... but now, instead it starts up... and the monitor no longer comes on.... and it just sits there, running, with a blank screen......... What on earth just happened????
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#888888" bordercolorlight="#888888" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.83Ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Abit KX7-333</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 1024MB Crucial DDR PC2700</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> NVidia RIVA TNT2 Pro (Fear my graphic power!)</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 120GB Western Digital Caviar Special Edition</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Chieftec FS710 Silver Aluminum Case w/ Plexiglass Side Window    &amp ;nbsp; &nbsp </font></td></tr></table>

Check with the mobo manual as it should have the error beep codes in it but that sounds like a video or memory error, did memtest86 show any errors while it was runnin' (1 pass with it should be enough)? :?:

Weird... somehow the 1st dimm came out a little bit and it was a memory error... I put it back in how it is supposed to be and that fixed it. I put the hard drives back in and started up windows, but it still only runs for only 15 or 20 minutes at most before turning off.

Wiggo-- it completed 3 and a half passes before turning off once with zero errors
    <table border="1" bordercolor="#888888" bordercolorlight="#888888" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.83Ghz</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Abit KX7-333</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 1024MB Crucial DDR PC2700</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> NVidia RIVA TNT2 Pro (Fear my graphic power!)</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> 120GB Western Digital Caviar Special Edition</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#EEEEEE"><font face="verdana" size="2"> Chieftec FS710 Silver Aluminum Case w/ Plexiglass Side Window    &amp ;nbsp; &nbsp </font></td></tr></table>

In the BIOS under PC Health does it show the PSU voltages there and if so what are they? :?:

It shows a lot of voltages... I'm not sure what they all mean...

VCORE 1.76 V
    VIO 3.50 V
    + 5V 4.94V
    +12V 12.22V
    AGP 1.50 V
    DDR 2.60 V
    5VSB 5.09V
    VBAT 3.02V

Are these what you meant?

That's them and they seem fine but can ya watch them there and see if any change b4 the next shutdown.

VCORE 1.76 V
    thats pretty high! or is it a pally chip? :confused:

I'll try that in a few minutes... it shouldn't take long. It seems to shut down in less than 5 minutes now.

Kane -- it's an athlon xp 2100+

what should the voltage be?

omg...... omg.... omg.... i was having the same prob as u! i smelt the o so horrifying smell tht is processor overheating after being on for 2 seconds then turning off!!!! be careful man, my comp did the same thing it used to stay on for liek an hr now its down to 2 secodns and i beleive my processor is ruined, nice black bubble on it and its not even 3 days old, somehow my new mobo and processor messed up
    so it has to be either the mobo or processor tht messed it up, all new mobo/ram and processor. and everything was set right and no probs till i hooked up the thermaltake fan

dsi lanparty kt400 mobo

xp 2600+
    not over clocked
    512 cosair 3200 ddr ram
    i have no idea whts wrong :(
    i suggest not turning ur comp on again, i made tht mistake and it seems to have ruined my cpu

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information