Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: hod do i

OK here goes : I bought a computer at the thrift store for $5.00 and I have it up and running It has a 450gz pentium 2 processer and 256 pc100 mem. don't now what else yet My problem is how to erase partitions the best I can tell there are three running BACK OFFICE what ever that is I run FDISK and told the puter to do it;s thing but all that did was made anouther partition now I have 4 this is a server with a SISC 9.6 hard drive what program do i use to erease the hard drive and atart over

use FDISK correctly and it will delete and/or create whatever partitions you need. If you're not careful, you could easily do the wrong thing with it. Run FDISK from a bootdisk again and tell it to delete the partitons (it may say non-dos partitions if it doesn't recognize the partition type)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

thanks for the reply first chance I'v had to get back ; deleted all partitions rerun FDISK , made new partition formated tryed to install WIN/ME would not boot , tryed 98 same thing install seemed to go ok but nither system would boot so i tyred server 2000 no problem, installed and booted OK. Now for a couple of days I have played with 2000 and I can do nothing on it install a game it want play serf the intrnet OK cant get apps. to work. So now I decided to let it upgrade to XP as i now how to work it a little better, my XP is a upgrade verision not full install , it said it could not upgrade the system (server 2000) so I clicked ok and XP went into a full install , so I let it run to see what would happen, now I have both systems on same disk and they both work I can boot either one , how can this work I made no partition for XP drive is 9.6 scis (i thank it is) both systems shoe fuul size.

alright, I think it's time you gave us your full system specs. This sounds like it is going to be more than just some funky partition issue.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information