Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: v card?? or mobo?

hi, my computer (specs in sig) has been just F**** up since yesterday. heres what happen

got bac to schoool , turn on computer and chatted on msn for 1 hr. then had to go to basketbal so i turn off the computer. after tat i came back home and turn on the computer. nothing showed up on monitor, all the stuff is running, the green mobo light is green. SO, i thought it was due to my overclocking from the past. restarted cmos. nothing on montior, waited for 10 mins, then restart cmos agian. THis time , after 5 mins the monitor turn on, but then, the POSt letters ar all messed UP. I cant even see the letters. The POST voice command told me that KEyboard not detected. So i got a switch Keyboard and stil tat error is sounded.

what i donno if it my videoc ard got screwed ( is only a 7 month video card) or if there is something wrong with my motherboard. i cang even see a thing in POST. the letters ar liKe ( ||| )

if u need more info i would be glad to tell, because i want to fix it asap.

thanks/.
    My new gaming rig..

[size=1.28]asus a78nx-deluxe
    2x256mb pc 3200 ddr 400.(with cooling)
    athlon Xp 2500+ ( at 200x10=2000mhz .)
    seagate 80gb 8mb SATA
    Tt vlocano 7+ cpu cooling
    Clear case from HK.
    Leaktek fx5600 128mb
    enermax 350w PSU
    wireless internet setup[/size]

(game/ftp server) windows xp pro, duron 1.4ghz, 256mb pc 2100 2x40gb Hd, radeon 9200se chieftec dragon
    canada price watch :)

Default Re: v card?? or mobo?

try to isolate the problem, start with just the mobo, turn it on, if it screams at you for no ram or at least does something normal, the problem may not be the mobo, then put in ram, if it goes screwy you know you have bad ram, do with all components, see if the problem is linked with a specific component.

Quote Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
    try to isolate the problem, start with just the mobo, turn it on, if it screams at you for no ram or at least does something normal, the problem may not be the mobo, then put in ram, if it goes screwy you know you have bad ram, do with all components, see if the problem is linked with a specific component.
    Quote Originally Posted by smokin_pc View Post
    hi, my computer (specs in sig) has been just F**** up since yesterday. heres what happen

got bac to schoool , turn on computer and chatted on msn for 1 hr. then had to go to basketbal so i turn off the computer. after tat i came back home and turn on the computer. nothing showed up on monitor, all the stuff is running, the green mobo light is green. SO, i thought it was due to my overclocking from the past. restarted cmos. nothing on montior, waited for 10 mins, then restart cmos agian. THis time , after 5 mins the monitor turn on, but then, the POSt letters ar all messed UP. I cant even see the letters. The POST voice command told me that KEyboard not detected. So i got a switch Keyboard and stil tat error is sounded.

what i donno if it my videoc ard got screwed ( is only a 7 month video card) or if there is something wrong with my motherboard. i cang even see a thing in POST. the letters ar liKe ( ||| )

if u need more info i would be glad to tell, because i want to fix it asap.

thanks/.

You have AGP? Try to find another AGP Graphics Card and try with that.
    Last edited by buburuza76; 10-02-2009 at 02:37 PM.

You guys do realise that the OP posted this in 2003 don't you? He's probably long forgotten about this post. His PC is also probably in a museum somewhere if it didn't get sent to land fill.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

Thread Information