Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: windows install problems - stop errors (merged threads)

still a RAM issue...

replace that bad RAM and you'll feel a lot better
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

thanks, makes me feel alot better. I will be getting new stick of ram on either monday tuesday or wednesday, and ill post back to see what difference it has made.

Thanks for all the help.

also everytime i finish exactly 1 game of gunbound, i get the bluescreen and it mentions sometinh about VM or VXD.

Ok, last questions guys, i promise!

My computer just restarted and kindly set everything back to default settings... by this i mean:

-uninstalled ALL my device drivers - and revert them to windows defaults.

-took all my software off the add/remove programs list (although they are still installed and useable).

-Revert my custom settings (ie: i use the classic control panel, but it reverted it back to the easy one. I like to be able to view windows folder, but it changed it back to "protected" mode.

My question again is, what could cause this? BAD RAM?

Very likely as the Windows install would've been flawed to start with and corruption would be on the cards very swiftly. Replace the defective part and then format and reinstall Windows.

Seller kindly sent a replacement RAM, i put it in, ran memtest-86 no problems. Reinstalled XP no problems, running it now, no bugs nothing. Awesome stuff, thanks guys!

Beefy Guest

So, let's see. You were told in the 4th post that it was bad RAM, and to replace it, but you've carried the thread on for... another 20 or so posts just to figure out it's bad RAM? All the while asking 'Is it the bad RAM that did this?'.... :rolleyes2

Oh well, at least it's over now.. Time to put this thread to sleep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information