Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Problem

ATI says that only Radeon 9700s that have a serial number that ends with a 30 or higher are compatible with the Intel 865 chipset. Mine ends with a 20. That might explain the random lockups I've had over the last couple months but it doesn't explain to me why games were working for longer than 15 minutes up until a couple weeks ago.

whats the wattage on ure PWS?
    X-Dreamer Case w/ Window
    Enermax 660w PSU
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz
    Asus K8V Deluxe
    Corsair XMS 256x2 MB DDR500
    1xWD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
    4x300GB WD 5400 RPM 8mb
    Ati Radeon 9800XT (440/780)
    Pioneer 8x DVD-RW
    Samsung 173v 17' LCD
    SB Audigy 2
    Windows XP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tacos4me
    whats the wattage on ure PWS?
    430w

I put my Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro in this machine and it crashed after about 30 minutes of playing Ghost Recon. Then it wouldn't boot into Windows except in Safe Mode. In safe mode it gave an error that the machine had recovered from a serious error blah blah and it was caused by Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Driver. I uninstalled the Radeon driver and control panel in Safe Mode and then rebooted into Windows and installed Catalyst 3.10 again. It went back into the same reboot loop after that. Just before entering Windows it reboots and does the loops doing the same thing. The 9700 Pro and 9600 Pro both work great in my other computer.

Also 90% of the time I can't reboot this machine. I have to shutdown and press the power button. If I attempt a restart, whether its from the Start menu or by pressing the reset button on the case, it will just freeze at the main bios screen with the MSI logo. I've had that problem since day one.

I've finally given up on this MSI board and am going to replace it.

Well, I'm having video problems on the new motherboard now. My computer went to a black screen twice in two days, both just idle surfing the net. The first time after reboot I checked the error log and had a infinite loop error. After searching I found out this is an issue a lot of people have had with the Radeon 9700 and Intel chipsets. I'm following a thread over at Rage3D.com and it looks like I'm not alone.

Heh. Great. Hey, anyone know why my ASUS 3D rage ATI++ is locking up on me? It's intergrated so it came with the motherboard. I'm about to smack it up.

Well when I come home from work Friday my video was corrupted. Since rebooting didn't fix it I left it turned off for about 15 minutes and tried it again. Video corruption starts at the bios screen. I tried the card in another computer and still the same. I did manage to take a screenshot of the problem. The card is going back to ATI under RMA tomorrow.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/lucaseve/video.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information