Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Problem

I've had this happen a couple times before but now it has happened 3 times in the last week. Twice I lost video while web browsing. The screen went black and the only fix was a restart. The third time the screen froze and I saw an orange box about 1" x 1" in the top right of the screen and as I moved my mouse the video under the box changed in appearance. After restarting it was fine. I checked my temps immediatly after restart and the cpu was at 44. I was just browsing and hadn't been playing any games. I am overclocking the cpu but not video card.

Have ya checked the Event Viewer (control panel/admin tools) to see if any probs are bein' logged at the time under applications and system? :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Have ya checked the Event Viewer (control panel/admin tools) to see if any probs are bein' logged at the time under applications and system? :?:
    Yes, no problems in Event Viewer.

Problem is worse now. After playing a game for about 10 minutes the screen goes black and I loose sound. I updated to the latest Catalyst driver, 3.10, and a couple times the video reset itself to a lower res, I think 640x480, and then I could continue playing.

The screensaver also has the same problem. After about 10 minutes the video goes blank and I have to reboot.

I reformatted my drive and reinstalled Windows XP. I have tried the Catalyst 3.7 and 3.10 drivers and neither make a difference. Ram and video card are seated properly. Video temps are maxing out at 65C and idle 55-60C. CPU is idle around 40C and maxing around 45-50C.

65c? sounds mighty hot to me for a video card.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Thoric
    65c? sounds mighty hot to me for a video card.
    I've asked around and have been told 55C-65C is normal for a video card during load.

It runs at the same temp even with the side off the case so cause heating isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Lamp Freak
    I've asked around and have been told 55C-65C is normal for a video card during load.

It runs at the same temp even with the side off the case so cause heating isn't an issue.
    ah rightio then.
    MSN Messenger - handy481@hotmail.com
    DC++ - handy481 :: Sweden Xperience :: BootCamp 02 :: Revolution xShare 01 :: Mp3Heaven

Turning the AGP from 8x to 4x seems to solve the problem. Any ideas why this would be?

My Antec Tru 430 is running at the following.

+12 is 11.98
    -12 is -11.95
    +5 is 4.97
    -5 is -5.15
    +3.3 is 3.28

Does everything look okay there?

My mem is running at 2.8 and vcore is 1.6.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information