Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CD-Writer Problems

I've got an HP Pavilion 8522 with an HP Cd-Writer+ 8000 series cd-writer pre-installed, but the writer will only write the first 6 tracks of my compilations and stuff - then it just comes up with errors and crap.... I've tried using three different programs to write the CDs, but they don't work. So far, I've wasted 4 CDs and a lot of time

PLEEEEEEEEEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about yours, but my 9500 series burner is pretty darn picky about blank discs.
    I always burn at low speeds, takes a long time, but I get success that way.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

As Mr.C said and don't run any other programs while you're doin' the burn either. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

What they said. In my experience they aren't very robust either. My 9700 series makes so much noise, it sound like a bunch of beetles have a gang fight. Something else I found with my old 8000? series is that CDs with green tinted writing surface worked the best for me. Good Luck.

JM
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

i thought it might be his APSI layer so i've sent him an APSI layer installer (thankyou al), now we just have to wait for the outcome

well as it turned out Mr. C hit the nail on the head, he tried a different brand of cds and it worked fine :)

Unfortunately, I bought that burner without doing my homework.
    An informed consumer is a better consumer - but I'm getting the job done within it's limitations just the same, only slower.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Thread Information